Gem Glow

In the state of Delmarva, there lived a city next to the beach called Beach City. It was a suburban town with houses and stores with a dock and an amusement park.

At a doughnut shop called Big Donut, two boys were inside as they were looking for something to buy. The youngest boy was relatively short with a thick and stocky build figure. He has fair skin, curly dark brown hair, dark brown eyebrows, and full black irises. He wore a salmon-pink T-shirt with a gold star in the center, cuffed blue jeans, and salmon-pink flip-flop sandals. The oldest boy had a slender figure, he was five feet tall with fair skin, messy white hair, sea blue eyes, and had a slight gap between his teeth. He wore a teal long sleeved shirt with sea green cuffs, black sweatpants with a turquoise line on the side, dark teal shoes, and a dark teal hood.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" The young boy screamed before he looked at the freezer. "This can't be happening! This has to be a dream!"

"It's not there, Steven." The oldest boy said. "We'll just have to go somewhere else."

"Lars! Lars!" The young boy, named Steven, ran over to the counter to hug the man in front of the counter. "Please tell me I'm dreaming!"

Lars, the male employee, looked annoyed as Steven was hugging him while the female employee looked at the scene with a blank face. Lars had a lanky, slim, and somewhat tall figure, he had tunnels in his stretched earlobes, he had curly orange-brown hair styled in a mohawk. He wore a violet T-shirt with a half-eaten donut design on it worn over a pale cream long-sleeved shirt, dark blue jeans, and black sneakers. The female employee, Sadie, had a short and heavyset figure with fair skin and curly shoulder-length blonde hair. She wore a periwinkle polo underneath a purple shirt, which displays the Big Donut logo, black leggings, and pink-red shoes.

"Get off me man, I'm stocking here!" Lars said as he shook Steven off.

"I'm sorry, Steven." Sadie said. "I guess they stopped making them."

"Stopped making them?!" Steven repeated in shock before he looked at her. "Why in the world would they stop making Cookie Cats?! They're only the most scrumptious and delicious ice-cream sandwich ever made! Don't they have laws for this?!"

"Tough bits, man." Lars sighed as he kneeled down to restock a cabinet and began stocking shelves. "Nobody buys them anymore. I guess they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers."

"Not Lion Lickers! Nobody likes them!" Steven groaned as he and the oldest boy walked over to the fridge of Lion Lickers.

"I know, and they don't even look like lions." The oldest boy said as he looked at the treats' poorly shape.

"Kids these days — I'll tell ya what!" Steven humphed.

"Well, if you miss your wimpy ice cream so much, why don't you make some with your "magic belly button"?" Lars mocked with a chuckle before he laughed and walked away.

"That's not how it works, Lars!" Steven said with a glare before he lifted his shirt up to reveal a pink gem at his navel and jiggled his belly. "Right?"

"Look buddy, remember what the Gems told us?" Ezra said as he kneeled down to place his hand on his shoulder. "Your gem powers will be unlocked someday."

"I guess you're right, Ezra." Steven sighed before he walked up to the Cookie Cat freezer and drew a cookie cat on the door with his finger. "Oh, sweet Cookie Cats, with your crunchy cookie outside and your icy creamy insides... You were too good for this world."

Steven kissed the cookie cat picture and hugged the freezer, making Ezra place his hand on his face in annoyance.

"Ugh...Steven?" Sadie asked. "Do you want to take the freezer with you?"