16. Heartaches

Sun-ji's POV

Months have passed since I heard assurance from Myungsoo. I haven't seen him since for we both are busy with our schedules. The good thing is he is now making efforts to make our relationship work again.

I always see him on TV together with Krystal and they act sweet towards each other. It's nothing to me now. I mean, yeah, I get jealous but I know it's just for show. That they are just pretending. Why do I say so? Myungsoo sends me messages saying how much he loves me.

I know it's ironic how things are. He's with Krystal almost all of the time but I know that who he really loves is me.

"Sun-ji! Earth to Sun-ji!" I was cut from my thoughts when Katie eonni snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Ne?" I asked.

"I'm asking what time are you going to meet Dongjun for the recording of your song," she asked and took a bite from her sandwich. We are currently in our dorm, waiting for our managers to pick us up for our schedules.

I strung my guitar one last time before leaning it against the wall beside me. I stood up and wore my hooded jacket. "Manager eonni will pick me up..." I looked at my wrist watch. "...two minutes from now."

Katie eonni nodded and finished what she's eating. I went in the kitchen to get some juice when my phone rang. It's the guy I wanted to talk to. To clarify things and to stop him from having feelings for me. He's such a nice guy and I don't want to hurt him longer.

"Are you on your way?" Dongjun asked through the phone.

"I'm just waiting for manager eonni," I answered him.

"I'm on my way to the recording studio. I have a surprise for you," he excitedly said. Geez! He sounds so happy. How am I gonna tell to him about stopping? I don't want to break his heart.

"Dongjun?" I called when he's about to end the call.

"Hmm?" I can hear happiness in his voice. What am I gonna do???!!!

"I... Uhm.. Be there in minutes," major face palm Sun-ji!!

"Arasso," he chuckled. "Take care, okay? I really like you Sun-ji," then he ended the call. I slump on the chair and covered my face, leaning my elbows on the table.

What am I going to do?? Why does my life have to be so complicated???!

----------------------

Dongjun is already in the recording studio when I arrived. He gave me a sweet smile and a tight hug as I entered the studio.

"Are you two dating?" the producer asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

Dongjun lets go of me and chuckled. "Not yet," he said, giving emphasis to the last word he said. The producer chuckled and continued what he was doing.

"Are you free after this?" Dongjun asked as soon as we sat on the couch.

"I have no schedule other than this. Waeyo?"

"It's about the surprise I told you on the phone," he rubbed the back of his neck like he's shy.

Oh my God, he looks so happy. Who am I to break this guy's heart? No Sun-ji, be firm with your decision!

"Dongjun, about that-"

"Shall we start recording now?" the producer asked as he faced us.

"Ne," Dongjun happily replied. He faced me again. "You were saying?"

I stared at his smiling face for a second and shook my head. "Let's just talk about it later," I said and smiled as well.

All through out the recording of the song, Dongjun acts so sweet towards me. There are times when he hands me water when I'm thirsty, pulls a chair for me to sit, and opens a snack for me. He literally does everything for me which makes it harder for me to do what I'm about to do.