28. Art of Forgiveness

Sun-ji's POV

Krystal bowed in front of the cameras then Sungyeol turned the TV off. He's here to take care of me for a while since Myungsoo has a schedule. I noticed that Myungsoo looks so thin.

I feel sad for ignoring Myungsoo's efforts to comfort me but what can I do? I'm a mother who lost her child. I haven't even seen him or her. I don't even know my child's gender.

"Are you okay?" I heard Sungyeol asked. I looked at him and smiled a bit.

"Sun-ji?" he looked at me with so much worry. "I know that you are in deep emotions right now. Please stay strong. Both of you have overcame a lot of struggles. We are always here for you, for both of you. Myungsoo is trying to be strong for you," he said and patted my hand.

"Thanks, oppa. I know that all of you are there for us," I told him and looked outside the window. It has a fine weather today so I decided to have a walk outside. Sungyeol oppa stayed with me the whole time.

As we are strolling around the vicinity of the hospital, a nurse approached us. "Good day, Ms Han. It's a good thing you decided to go out of your room," she gave me a smile. I smile at her as well.

"By the way, you have a visitor. He's waiting for you at the hospital garden," she said.

"He?" I asked. Who could it be? I look at Sungyeol and he gave me an I have no idea look. I thanked the nurse and Sungyeol and I went to the hospital garden.

There is a man sitting on a bench but I can't figure out who he is since his back is facing us. We walked closer and my eyes widen to see that it's my step dad. He immediately stood up when he saw me.

"Mr Choi??" He gave me a small smile which still made his wrinkles visible.

"I... Can I talk to you? Privately?" he said as he glanced at Sungyeol. Sungyeol got the message and told me he'll just stroll around the hospital.

Both my step dad and I sat on the bench when we were left alone. Both of us seems like hesitant to talk.

"Uhm.." I heard him say. "How are you?" he asked and are my ears alright? Why do I hear worry in his voice?

I remained silent.

"I heard what happened to you through Hana," he continued.

Hana... Oh how I miss that step sister of mine. Why does she have to be so far when we are starting to be close with each other?

"How's Hana?" I asked while looking at my hands on my lap.

A chuckle was heard from him. "She's fine, great actually. She's now starting her dream career as a model in New York."

"Really? That's great!" I beamed and look at him with so much happiness in my face. He's doing the same to me.

"I'm sorry Sun-ji," he suddenly blurted out. Pardon me? My step dad, apologizing to me? Is it the end of the world? Sorry for exaggerating but as far as I know, this man doesn't like me. He hates me.

"I know I've been very bad to you since the first day we met each other," he said as he keeps on playing with the cap his holding. He seems nervous.

"I've been an a**hole to you," he, then, look at me. "I woke up one day and realized all the bad things I've done to you."

He tilt his torso and totally looked at me. "If you'll allow me Sun-ji, I want to make up all of the things I've done to you. Let me be your father...for real this time."

I look at him and tears stream down my face. I've waited for those words for so many years.

"Appa," at last I blurted out. "I wanted to call you that long ago."