2. Emptiness

Sun-ji's POV

We are inside Myungsoo's car right now. I didn't even realize that we are already in our dorm building's parking lot until he stopped the car. He's been holding my hand all the way here and no one from us is able to let go of each other's hand.

"I guess I won't be seeing you anymore," I said, tears forming on my eyes again. He squeezed my hand and faced me.

"Correction, you won't be seeing me often. We're working in the same company remember? So it's impossible for us not to see each other," I tried to sound cheerful.

"Well, then.. I guess this is goodbye," tears start to stream down my cheeks. He cupped my cheeks and let me look at him.

"Please don't cry. It hurts me to see you crying," he wiped my tears with his thumbs. "There will just be slightly changes. Yes we won't be seeing each other often but we can still communicate through phone like what we always do."

I closed my eyes, maybe in that way my tears will stop from falling.. but they won't. I held his hands that are cupping my cheeks.

We both stared at each other's eyes. It's like we're comforting one another, telling each other that everything will be alright by looking at each other's eyes.

***************

Myungsoo already left and here I am right now, standing still in front of our dorm's door, staring blankly at it. Even though Myungsoo assured me that everything will be alright, I can't help not to think that things will get worse between our relationship.

"Ay,  Kamchaegya! (You startled me)," Katie eonni, one of my group mate, opened the door and was shocked to see me standing still in front of our dorm.

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing, why don't you come inside?" she asked.

I stared at her with tears forming on my eyes and after seconds, I hugged her tightly and completely cried on her shoulder.

"W-what's wrong?" she confusedly asked. She pulled away from the hug and held my arms to take a look at me.

"Why are you crying? What happened?" she worriedly asked. I just shook my head and cried even more.

"Come inside first, someone might see you out here," she said and we both went inside. I sat on our sofa while she's getting me a glass of water.

"What happened?" Yumi eonni, one of my group mate too, asked as she got out of her room and saw me crying. She sat beside me and comforted me by stroking my back.

"Here, drink some," Katie eonni gave me a glass of water. I just held it and stared at it.

"It's over," I said and sniffed.

"Over? What's over?" Yumi eonni asked.

"Why is Sun-ji crying?" Hyena eonni, the eldest among us, asked who just got back from her schedule. She sat on the floor and wiped my tears.

There are four of us in the group and I am the youngest. Maybe that is the reason why they take really good care of me.

"It's over between Myungsoo and I," I said and sobbed.

"Eh??? Why? Did he break up with you?" Katie eonni asked. I shook my head and sobbed more.

"He did not break up with me but he said that we should take a break from our relationship," I said as I look at them.

"Waeyo? Everything seems okay with your relationship," Yumi reacted.

"His fans are already suspecting that there's something going on between us. He worries that I might gain anti-fans because of our relationship," I explained and at last, I managed to calm myself down.