22. Back to Reality

Sun-ji's POV

A smile formed on my face even before I open my eyes. Why won't I? Myungsoo keeps on pecking my lips and whispers Good morning, lovely between his kisses.

"Stop it," I giggled and slightly pushed him. I opened my eyes and it starts my day right to see his dazzling smile.

"Good morning," he whispered to my ear then kissed my cheek. I stared at him and cupped his cheek.

"How was your sleep?" I asked.

"Never been better," he said and brought my hand to his lips.

We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes and when I remembered what happened last night, I suddenly felt embarrassed and buried my face under the blanket.

"Waeyo?" he chuckled at my sudden action.

I peeked a little under the blanket and shyly looked at him. When I saw his malicious smile, I shook my head and buried my face again with the blanket.

"Yah, why are you suddenly shy?" he asked as he pulled the blanket away from my face. He cupped my cheek and traced it with his thumb.

"What breakfast do you want me to cook?" I smiled.

"Anything will do as long as I'm eating it with you," he sincerely said which made me cringe.

"When did you start to be so cheesy?" I said and we both chuckled.

"I'll just cook us breakfast," I said and pecked his lips before I stood up, blanket covering my body, and went to the bathroom to wash up.

--------------------

Myungsoo is not in the room anymore after I took a shower. I decided to check on my phone and was shocked to see a lot of missed calls from Hyena eonni. I redial her number and she immediately picked up.

"My goodness, Sun-ji. Why aren't you answering your phone? I was so worried about you!" She frantically said.

"Mianhe eonni."

I heard her sigh. "We haven't seen Myungsoo until now and we are so worried here. I wonder where he is."

I felt guilty after hearing that. I should have told them that Myungsoo is with me the whole time.

"Eonni... He's... He's with me," I said. Dead silence after...

"I thought you are trying to move on and forget about him," her voice is full of seriousness.

"I tried eonni but I guess I can't."

"What now? What are you planning?" she asked and I was not able to answer.

"Sun-ji, I know how much you want to be with Myungsoo but he has to come home now. There are a lot of people worrying here for him...especially Krystal. When she heard that Myungsoo is gone, she was frantic and she went to search for him. She was admitted to hospital yesterday from too much exhaustion," she explained.

I suddenly felt a pang of guilt. She's right, I should have informed them where Myungsoo is. I feel that I'm so selfish from what I've done.

"Arasso, eonni. I'll tell him to go back now," I said and ended the call.

I let out a deep sigh before deciding to go out of my room. As soon as I opened the door, I caught the delicious scent of eggs and bacon. Is Myungsoo cooking?

I suddenly felt crying when I saw him at the stove cooking. I always dream for this. Dream that someday, we'll be staying in one roof. Visions like this often cross my mind and I wish, I wish, that will happen.

He looked up at me as I walked closer to him. I cleared my throat before I speak. "I told you I'll be the one to cook."

"I don't want my lady to get tired," he said and scraped the egg out of the pan and put it on a plate. He placed the plate on the counter and poured me a glass of mango juice as well.

"I might get used to this," I smiled.

"Then be. 'Cause I'm planning to do it every single day," he smiled as well.

My smile fade when he said that. It hurts me to think that he can't do it. He can't because he can't be with me.

"Myungsoo..." I said but was cut off when he crushed his lips on mine as his other hand pulled my waist close to him.

"Why are you so irresistible?" he whispered as he leaned his forehead on mine.

He kissed me again, his lips moving with mine like they are made for each other. His fingers buried through my hair as he deepened the kiss further.

He lifted me off the floor and onto the counter, shoving the plates and knocking over the glass of juice. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he crushed his body against mine and I forgot about the mess entirely.

His hands slipped under my shirt but stayed respectfully around my waist. The moment I thought that Myungsoo should go back now, I pulled back. The rigidness in his shoulders collapse, his hands sliding down my sides and resting on my thighs.

"What's wrong?" he asked, still catching his breath.

He cupped my neck and let me meet his gaze. "What's wrong, jagi?" he asked with worry in his voice.

I just stared at his face, studying every inch of him that I've known so well for so long. Then I found myself crying and let out soft sobs.

"Hey, what's wrong? Please tell me," he whispered as our foreheads touch.

"You have to go back now," I said between my sob. He distanced his face from mine and look at me with so much confusion.

"Why? I thought we're doing good. I thought you want to be with me? Just you and I?"

I remained silent and hanged my head down.

"Don't you love me?" he's so close to crying.

I cupped his cheeks and stared at him. "Of course I do. I wouldn't have let you touch me if I don't."

"Then why are you pushing me away again?" he held my hands that are touching his cheeks.

"They are all so worried about you. They are looking for you right now," I said.

"Let them be. I want to be with you," he whispered.

I shook my head. "Krystal is in the hospital. She was out all day yesterday to look for you. She collapsed from too much exhaustion."

Upon hearing that, Myungsoo tensed up. He completely distanced himself from me and raked his hair up from frustration. I slide off the counter and held his shoulder as I approach him.

"Krystal needs you," I said in a low voice. He turned to face me and held my cheeks.

"But I need you," he said like he's pleading.
"I need you too," I said. "But Krystal needs you more. We both know that."

His tears began streaming down his cheeks and I carefully wiped those with my thumb. "Please, Myungsoo. She's waiting for you. They are all waiting for you."

His phone rang but he remained standing in front of me.

"Answer it," I told him and he did.

"Ne, hyung. I'm going back now," he said, almost whispering like he doesn't want to say those words.

He put his phone back in his pocket and just stared on the floor. I touched his cheek and lifted his chin so that our eyes meet firmly, so that he'll understand that what I'll say next is the absolute truth. "I love you, Myungsoo."

He closed his eyes and deeply inhale. I cupped his cheek and brushed his lower lip with my thumb gently. He leaned into my hand and kissed my palm.

"I'll be back. I promise I'll come back," he said and walk towards the door. I just watch his retreating back with my eyes all soaked with tears.

I really wish that he can stay with me. Stay with me forever. But it seems like it will be impossible. I grabbed a dish towel and started to wipe up the mess of mango juice.