005

__

__

"WELL, WELL", A DEEP VOICE SAID FROM UNDER THE COROLLA. "What do we have here?". 

Zola watched as the mechanic slid out from under the car on a back trolley before sitting up. His outfit..oh his outfit would be what Zola would call 'effort..what's that?'. 

He wore a jumpsuit smeared with oil and grime with the name Hephaestus carelessly stitched over the chest pocket. His leg creaked in it's metal brace as he stood to his full height. Mind you, his full height still looked made it look like he was crouching due to his left shoulder being lower than the right. His head was misshapen and bulging and it didn't help that he wore a permanent scowl. 

"There", he muttered to himself. "Much better". The spider, they had been following did a happy flip in his palm before scuttling off and shooting a metallic web at the ceiling to swing away.

He glowered at all of them. "I didn't make you, did I".

"Uh..no sir", Annabeth said.

"Good", the god grumbled. "Shoddy workmanship".

Zola made an offended face as the god continued to study them.

"Half bloods", he said as he pointed at Percy, Zola and Annabeth. "Could be automatons", he added with a grumble. "Probably not".

"We've met sir", Percy said.

"We have?", the God said said as he studied Percy's face.

Probably trying to figure out how his jaw worked or something, ignoring the fact that he was h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶ a half blood meaning that it was most likely biological.

"Well then if I didn't try to beat you to a pulp last time, I probably don't need to this time". He looked at Grover and frowned. "Satyr".

Zola guessed he really did not like satyrs.

Then he looked at Tyson and his eyes twinkled. "Well, well a Cyclops!".

Zola guessed that he really did love Cyclops.

"Good, good. What are you doing travelling around with this lot?"

Tyson looked at the mechanic in amazement his mouth opened and closed but the only w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ word that came out was..

"Uh..".

"Yes, well said", Hephaestus agreed. 

Sorry? Zola thought. He only said Uh.

"Now, there better be a good reason to why you are all disturbing me. The suspension of this Corella..is no small matter, you know".

"Daedalus Sir", Zola said quickly. "We are looking for Daedalus".

"We thought-", Annabeth started.

"Daedalus?", Hephaestus roared. "Daedalus? You are looking for that old scoundrel? You dare seek him out?"