003

__

__

ZOLA HONESTLY RIGHT THEN AND THERE WANTED TO SCREAM. The maze was honestly messing with their heads to the point that it was driving her crazy. The amount of times they had reached dead ends or lost the wall they were following due to it disappearing was more than Starbucks hated Christmas.

"Which way now?", Zola said with a sigh as they reached an archway of eight tunnels. "They all look identical by the way, incase you didn't notice".

"Yes, I'm pretty sure I know that already, I am not blind", Annabeth answered curtly. "This way", she said definitely pointing at a random tunnel.  

'How do you know?", Percy asked, speaking up for the first time Zola heard ever since this exasperating journey had started. 

"Deductive reasoning", Annabeth said.

"So..you're guessing?"

"Just come on".

Zola and the others followed Annabeth through the tunnel that seemed to get narrower at every step. From behind her Zola could hear Grover breathing...very unnaturally. Basically he sounded like a dying horse.

"Grover", Zola started slowly as she continued to walk forwards. "I love you and all but if you continue your wailing your gonna give me Hyperacusis".  

"I know..I just can't stand it anymore", Grover whispered. "Are we there yet?"

"We've been down here maybe five minutes", Annabeth spoke out from the front.

"It's definitely been longer than that", Grover insisted. "And why would Pan be down here? This is the opposite of the wild!".

They all continued to shuffle through the dark, narrow tunnel and Zola definitely counted stubbing her toe over five times.

"Shit", she cursed for like the millionth time.

"You alright?", Percy asked from behind Grover as they followed Annabeth through the tunnel.

"Finally speaking to me..are you?", Zola mumbled under her breath.

"I-", he started.

"You know what never mind", Zola said cutting him off.

The end of the tunnel opened up to a whole room covered in mosaics.

"Whoa", she heard from behind her.

Zola agreed that it definitely was 'whoa'. The pictures may have been faded but the colours could still be made out. From reds to blues on a frieze showing the Olympian Gods at a feast.

Then Zola spotted Dionysus on the portrait and she felt a necesssity to comment. "Guys, Dionysus is definitely not that handsome. The artist was definitely bribed". 

Grover bleated before covering it up with a cough.

"What is this place?", Zola asked as she wandered towards the empty, three-tiered water fountain.