019

__

__

"REEEEEEEEET!", THE BOAR SQUEALED. It had just raked three skeletons aside with its tusks. The force was so great, they went flying over the trees and into the side of the mountain, where they smashed to pieces, thigh bones and arm bones twirling everywhere.

Zola was about to celebrate but then it turned on them. She tugged on her necklace uncapping her sword as Thalia raised her spear. She really did not want her bones flying like that anytime soon.

"Don't kill it!", Grover yelled.

The boar grunted and pawed the ground, ready to charge.

"It looks like killing us was its life's purpose and your saying don't kill it", Zola interjected.

"That's the Erymanthian Boar", Zoë said, trying to stay calm. "I don't think we can kill it."

"It's a gift", Grover said. "A blessing from the Wild!"

"REEEEEEET!", the bull screeched again as it swung its tusk. Zoë and Bianca dived out of the way as Percy pushed Grover so that wouldn't get launched into the mountain on the Boar Tusk Express.

"Yeah, I feel blessed!", Percy said. "Scatter!"

Everyone ran in different directions which did confuse the bull.

"It wants to kill us!", Thalia said.

"Of course", Grover said. "It's wild!"

"So how is that a blessing?" Bianca asked.

"Sounds more like a curse to me", Zola grumbled.

The boar bolted towards Bianca but she rolled out of the way of its hooves and came up behind the beast. It lashed out with its tusks and pulverized the WELCOME TO CLOUDCROFT sign.

"Keep moving!", Zoë yelled as both she and Bianca ran in opposite directions. Grover danced around the boar, playing his pipes while the boar snorted and tried to gouge him. 

Thalia, Zola and Percy won the prize for bad luck. When the boar turned on them, Thalia made the mistake of raising Aegis in defence. The sight of the Medusa head made the boar squeal in outrage.

It charged straight at them. 

"RUN!", Zola yelled as all three of them started sprinting uphill, dodging in and out of trees while the boar had to plough through them.

"This way", Percy said as grabbed Zola's hand and Thalia's arm. They ran along the rails while the boar roared behind them, slipping and sliding as it tried to navigate the steep hillside. Its hooves just were definitely not made for this and that probably just saved their lives.

"Follow me!"

They didn't have time to ask why as Percy pulled them along and they reluctantly followed. Behind them, a ten-ton pig tank was knocking down pine trees and crushing boulders under its hooves as it chased them.