A Star is Torn

Kira was excited.

Ecstatic was the better word. She'd just received some of the best news ever and was eager to share it with her friends. She all but sprinted toward Cyberspace, spotting Trent heading out.

"Trent, you're not gonna believe this," She grabbed his shoulders, but he just spun around, gently throwing her hands off, "You're gonna freak!"

"I'm already freaking," Trent responded, still walking away, "We're out of soy milk, and Hayley's off today. I gotta hit the store."

"Oh, wait," Kira tried to contain her excitement, "I have to tell you something."

"Sorry, it's gonna have to wait," Trent hastily cut her off.

She felt a pang of disappointment, "Okay, have you seen Ethan? Conner? Alex?"

"Not yet," Trent replied, walking away.

"Great," Kira said to herself, "Who am I gonna tell?"

With Alexander:

Alexander was not excited.

He'd gone back to his old habits, waking up at ridiculously early times just to train. Alexander had compiled a multitude of bruises and minor cuts from experimenting with his weaponry. Kira had been gone more often than not and he wasn't apt to keep his parents company.

Hayley was happy having Trent work with her, Conner and Ethan were doing what they did, so it left him SOL.

Alexander was sat in his room at Hayley's, stuck on a video call with one of his friends from Reefside. He'd lived there briefly while Tommy was between jobs.

"What's going on, Alexander," Her voice floated through the computer, "You don't call for no reason."

"You called me," Alexander defended himself.

"Obviously I was right to," She propped her head up with her hand, a weird wristband adorning her arm.

"Things just aren't going great," Alexander placed his hands on his head, fully showing the bruises his biceps and forearms had collected, the skin tinged purple and yellow. The bruises mostly covered the scars, the only one showing: a large slash that started just underneath his shoulder blade and wound down his bicep.

"Are you okay," She leaned toward her screen, trying to see if her eyes were deceiving her.

He sighed, "I'll be fine."

"Look, I know we weren't that close while you were here, but be honest with me, okay?"

"I've been pushing myself hard."

"That's an understatement," She muttered.