Disappearing Act

As the rangers were walking into school, Alexander's mind couldn't keep from traveling back to the previous week.

Purple? Really?

From what he could tell, it was just his Super Dino Mode that went purple, on account of his many test runs, which all yielded the same result. Although, his gem had kept the color, the previous green replaced with a deep purple.

Ethan was walking a couple of meters ahead of the group while Kira and Conner talked idly, throwing a small red soccer ball back and forth.

The blue ranger met up with Cassidy, continuing their conversation from earlier, Alexander assumed, there were so many things going on, he didn't realize what he didn't realize.

Cassidy spun around, leaving Ethan, sighing.

"What was I thinking," Ethan lamented.

"First date jitters," Conner asked, the group having caught up to their blue counterpart.

"I wouldn't know," Ethan admitted, "This is my first date ever."

"No way," Trent couldn't believe it.

"I think it's sweet," Kira commented, bumping Alexander with the red ball.

"A twenty-gig hard drive with a five-hundred-twelve meg portable backup is sweet," Ethan countered, "This is pure torture."

Alexander wrangled the ball out of her hands, the two siblings smiling at each other's antics.

"Dude, don't sweat," Conner clapped him on the shoulder, "We'll put you through dating boot camp."

Alexander bonked Kira lightly on the head before throwing the ball back to Conner.

Catching the ball, he continued, "When you're finished, you'll be like Cassidy and Cassanova, the power couple of Reefside, right guys?"

Alexander actively tuned out of the conversation after that, knowing full well that Kira would undoubtedly drag him along somewhere to help with whatever they were talking about.

Before they knew it, the rangers were sitting in Mercer's class, the teacher looking visibly ill.

"Okay, class--The crocodile," Mercer started, "Now, this amazing reptile has been around for millions of years without evolving. It's a testament to the creature's near perfection. It was about a million years--"

He turned away, swaying on his feet, almost like he was trying to dislodge something from his throat.

Alexander narrowed his eyes as he thought of the possible reasons for their stand-in teacher's behavior.