A Test of Trust

Author's Note: A small cameo of a fan-favorite character, don't sue me.

Thanks for your all's patience with this chapter. Happy reading.

The rangers, minus Trent, were all in the HQ, trying to wrap their minds around Trent's deception.

"I always knew Mercer wasn't exactly PTA material, but Mesagog," Ethan said, "That's whack."

Alexander was already over the conversation, letting his mind roam to some of what Hayley had discovered about Jayden.

"I'll tell you what's whack," Conner fumed, "What's whack is Trent not telling us."

"Look, I'm as angry about this as you guys are," Kira was trying to defuse the situation, "But don't you think we should give Trent the chance to explain? I mean, maybe there's a good reason he didn't tell us."

"Well, I hope there is," Tommy entered the conversation, "Because, if not, I have no choice but to ask for his morpher."

Tommy walked away and Kira looked at the ground.

"Don't tell me you feel bad for Trent," Conner said to the girl.

"Yeah," Ethan added on, "I mean, you want someone you can't trust running around with those powers."

"Well, I just hate for it to end this way for Trent," Kira lamented, "I mean, if it were me, and I had to give up my powers...I don't know if I could handle it."

"Oh, now, that's ironic," Conner commented, "I remember when you didn't want it to begin with."

"Yeah, right," Kira agreed, "I've changed."

Alexander began to pace, his mind filled with different symbols and history he'd been teaching himself about the Samurai rangers.

Kira snatched him as he paced by, hugging him tightly, "Not that I'd have it any other way."

Conner scowled as Alexander hugged Kira back, patting her head before continuing to pace.

"Being a ranger has changed all of us," Kira continued, oblivious to Conner's look, "And look at you, Conner, you are in no way the same dumb jock you were when we started."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment," Conner asked.

"On that note," Alexander finally spoke, "I'm outta here."

"What about Trent," Ethan asked.

Alexander looked over his shoulder, "What about him?"

"We've got to do something, he lied to us," Conner growled.

"And how is it any different than me lying about my father?"