White Thunder: Part 1-2

Author's Note: I know I don't usually do one of these at the start, but this chapter is a bit different. I combined White Thunder: Part 1 and Part 2 into this one chapter (I'm sure you could've deduced that from the title). I've got something special planned for the next one and doing each individual part would've been three tiny chapters, so...this exists! Thank you all so much for reading, leave a comment or suggestion wherever you see fit, and as always, stay safe!

Alexander and Tommy were standing in the middle of a large pile of rubble, the latter scanning the area with a beeping instrument. They'd been there for about half an hour, working in complete silence.

Alexander kicked one of the smaller rocks, brainstorming what could have been hidden in the location, he had a theory, but his father wouldn't like it.

"We came as soon as we could, Dr. O.," Ethan explained as the other rangers approached, "What'd you find?"

"Some sort of storage unit," Tommy responded, "The energy readings are so intense, that meter can't register them."

"What kind of energy," Conner asked.

"Same as the morphers," Alexander spoke up.

"You're saying there's a Dino Gem in there," Kira asked.

"Was," Alexander clarified.

"I thought you had all kinds of things that would pick up if there was another gem out here," Kira said.

"Someone must have hidden it," Tommy deduced, "When the cloaking device was deactivated, the readings went off the scale."

"So is this good news, or bad news," Conner asked.

"Guess that depends on who has the gem," Tommy responded.

Timeskip:

"Uh, Tommy, I think we may have something," Hayley called over her shoulder, looking at the dinging monitors.

"Unbelievable," Tommy muttered, looking at the monster on the screen.

"Guess we got here just in time," Ethan said, the other rangers crowding the computers.

"Any particular reason for that guy," Kira asked.

"It's hard to tell," Tommy admitted.

"It seems like he's actually looking for something," Conner voiced, "Well, it's not going to like what it finds, come on guys."

"Dino Thunder, power up!

"Hey, over here," Ethan called out to the monster.