The Missing Bone

Author's Note: Over fourteen-hundred reads! Thank you all for following this story as excitedly as you have been. Strap in for this chapter: over four-thousand words. A couple of heartfelt moments (I've become a sucker for them) and a bit more humanity out of Alexander.

Without further delay, lads and lasses, I present you with The Missing Bone. Thank you all for reading, leave a comment or suggestion wherever you see fit, and as always, stay safe!

"And Kira knows about this," Conner asked when Tommy finished explaining the bad blood between him and Alexander.

Tommy just nodded.

"I don't know how you're still alive," Ethan confessed, eyeing the rage present on Hayley's face.

"Regardless, I'm outta here," Conner said, turning on his heel and leaving, Ethan right on his heels.

"Hayley, I--"

Hayley cut him off with a strike to his face, shaking her hand after it impacted his helmet, "Alex told me what happened, but I never realized it was that bad."

"We didn't want this," Tommy sat down hard, "We wanted to keep him from suffering, but all we did was make him suffer."

"Suffer, that's what you'd call it," Hayley asked, "Tommy, he's traumatized. You didn't just make him suffer, you broke him."

"And I'll never forgive myself," Tommy said solemnly.

"I don't even have words," Hayley admitted, "I'm going to track the others down, at least let me try and repair that damage. You know how much I love that kid, I'll do anything for him. But you may have hurt him more than I could ever heal."

She left without another word, finding Conner and Ethan looking around aimlessly without a clue of where to go.

"You find him yet," Hayley asked jokingly.

"You know him, where would he go," Conner asked.

"Depends on what you intend to say to him," She was pretty defensive now, her anger at Tommy making itself known.

"I'm not working with Dr. Oliver again," Conner blurted.

"Same, bro," Ethan added.

"Then you can sit here and look for Alex on your own," Hayley crossed her arms.

"You heard what he said, and after all that, you're still fine with him," Ethan asked, incredulous.

"No, and I'll never defend what Tommy did, but Alex won't like your current response to it."

Dino Thunder: The ProdigyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara