"Here you go," he handed it to her.

She grabbed her phone immediately and checked for the time. Her eyes widened in shock. It was two going on three.

"It's almost two and a half. No wonder we are feeling sleepy," she stood up from the swing. While she stretched, Shivaay lazily got up from the swing and checked his phone for any early morning meetings the following day. He could not afford the lack of sleep in an early morning meeting.

***

Annika had a peaceful sleep that night. Her time with Shivaay had nothing extravagant, no fancy celebrations, no gift-giving, not even a cake. It was special. And it was special because it was with a special person. Her heart beats raised at the very thought of it. He said that the heart was a mere oxygen pumping organ that circulated blood. Then why was it so excited at the thought of him?

Shivaay slept soundly beside her once assured that he had no meetings scheduled before half-past ten the following day. It gave him a chance to wake up lazily and perhaps also to have breakfast with Annika.

***

"Office on Saturday?" Annika grumbled. She tried hard to hide her disappointment over him working on a Saturday and unfortunately could not. He seemed pretty chilled about the same. He had his plans set: breakfast with Annika, office, return home, a small, private celebration, dinner, and sleep. A stoic Shivaay successfully failed to see the emotions in her face or decode the despondency in her voice.

"I have important work. Please understand yaar," he tucked in his shirt and proceeded to wear a tuxedo.

Annika nodded. She did not want to, however, she could not force him to do something he did not want just because she wanted to.

"Bye," he left as soon as he got dressed.

Annika sat on the bed with a very disappointed and almost crying face. Last night Shivaay made her feel accompanied. The small talk they shared boosted her enthusiasm. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears. Not because of Shivaay but for someone else. Of course, Shivaay could not sacrifice his whole day of work for her. It was she who wanted to be on someone's priority list. The one person who made her his priority until last year was no longer on this earth. Her tears slipped down her cheek and fell on the backside of her palm. On this day, after a long time, she let herself miss her father.

***

"Happy birthday," Omkara, Kalyani, and Priyanka entered the room with a few cards and flowers when she was busy talking to her friend whose call Shivaay had declined the night before. A smile found her lips seeing them with a small cake and all the props and decors essential on a birthday.

"Come in," she welcomed them inside her room and soon she was showered with a bunch of gifts.

Her eyes first went on Priyanka. She looked a lot less depressed compared to how she was back in the hospital after she tried to waste her life for a mere guy.

"Thank you," Annika received the gift from Kalyani with a bright smile. She was soon surprised with an unexpected hug from the elderly lady. Her arms took their time to wrap around her grandmother-in-law.

Priyanka failed to perceive the sudden change in Annika's expression. On the other hand, Omkara's lips curved upwards seeing the exchange between his Dadi and Bhabhi.

"Now we know why Rudra arranged for a party last night. Dude got a chance to invite his so-called friends, especially the girls who are after him only because he is an Oberoi," Omkara remarked.