37. Plans Here and Plans There

***

The morning after saw Priyanka's return to Oberoi Mansion. As suggested by the doctors, none tried to make her feel guilty because of her attempt. They all knew she needed to be taught a lesson. They also understood that talking about the same right now may cause her to fall into depression.

Annika knew they needed to make Priyanka realize the importance of life, but she didn't know how to. She wanted to discuss the same with Shivaay, however, they were not normal again. She needed time and he chose to give her that time.

"Prinku, let's go beta, rest in your room for some time," Kalyani made the suggestion.

"Dadi, all she did the last three das was rest. Prinku, will you have a protein shake? I am making one for myself," Rudra offered.

"Oye! Bada aaya protein shake! Let her rest. Hospital isn't the best place to live. And Prinku, make sure to eat lots of dry fruits, peas, and beans. Dr. Shah has asked you to eat lots of iron-enriched foods to recover from the blood loss." Kalyani said.

"Dadi, I have ordered iron supplements for her as well. I will pick them up this evening," Om informed

"It's okay Om," Shivaay interrupted, "I will send Khanna to get them. Just forward him the email confirmation."

Om nodded. Annika's eyes traveled from Om to Priyanka. Following Priyanka's gaze, her eyes stopped at the blue-eyed cat. Apart from the little exchange these two had in the hospital that morning, Shivaay and Priyanka had no conversation with each other. Annika realized she was not the only one mad at Shivaay. Priyanka was. Dev was.

And Mallika was.

The other three for one reason and she for an entirely different one. And Shivaay being Shivaay will not even make efforts to justify his decision. He did to her probably because their situation was different. Dev was an outsider. She feared bringing that up now will only cause more stress if the last few days were not enough.

She caught a glimpse of Priyanka retiring to her room with Kalyani following her. A sigh escaped her lips. Priyanka shouldn't stay mad at her brother for long,

An arm wrapped around her shoulder. She craned her neck to find Shivaay. These types of touches weren't so bad.

"Did I?" he only began his question when she shook her head in seconds.

"Just tell me," he patted on her arms and took her back to their room.

***

"Why don't you talk to Prinku?" she asked once they were in the privacy of their bedroom.

"It's not like I didn't try," he fiddled with his cufflinks for a bit, "I talked. It is only after I talked to her that she attempted to kill herself."

That was new information for Annika. She couldn't guess that possibility in her dreams for that matter.

"What did you tell her?" she asked.

"Facts!" he replied.

"Helps a lot," there was a hint of sarcasm in her tone. Shivaay was surprised for he never took Annika to have sarcasm in her personality.

"I know right," he said, "Are you done then?"

He closed his eyes in disappointment as soon as the last few words escaped her lips. Only last night she decided to give their marriage another chance and he had to mess up today.

"I am—I am so sorry," he stepped towards her and placed his palms on each side of her arm, "I shouldn't have. Annika, believe me, I just asked her to be normal. She wasn't eating, talking, or going to college. Om and Rudra were terribly missing their sister. Dadi wasn't here for two weeks. And I—I was not in a state of thinking. That evening I decided to talk to Priyanka and see if she gets convinced."