64. Awkward Affairs

As sunlight peeped through the window, Annika turned to the source of warmth radiating from her left and snuggled more into the duvet. She slowly opened her eyes to find Shivaay beside her. Alarmed by the closeness between them, she was wide-eyed. She looked to her right and then her left where he slept peacefully.

She felt her legs entangled with his. She cursed herself now hugging her knees. What were they doing? The faint memory she had of last night was of him applying an ice pack since her back was aching. She phewed. Her stupid plan backstabbed. She shouldn't have let jealousy take over her and acted so dumb. She glanced once at Shivaay before climbing off the bed.

Shivaay opened his eyes letting himself adjust to the light. She was not beside him. He sat up resting his head on the bed frame. He was smiling. He could not see her around. He wanted to know her reaction after the previous night when they slept in such an intimate posture. A sly smile caught his lips. It was a nice feeling after all.

He stepped down, slipped in a pair of sandals, and entered the bathroom.

***

Shivaay was peeing when the shower started abruptly. He was taken aback. He cleared his throat.

"Aaah," Annika's voice came.

"Aaaaa" Shivaay screamed realizing Annika was inside the shower. And he was peeing. Such a couple-like thing yet something new and unwanted from her side.

"Woman, can't you lock the washroom after entering?" Shivaay groaned.

"What are you doing here?" she asked back.

He rolled his eyes. "What do people do inside the washroom?"

Annika closed her eyes at her own stupidity. She took two breaths before replying, "Get out!"

"I won't," he paused, "I mean I can't."

"Why?"

"What, why? I am in the middle of something."

"In the middle of what?" Annika asked another stupid question.

"In the middle of something. Something," he replied, "Why can't you get out?"

"Well—"

"Yes, well. That's why I can't leave," he answered.

Annika pursed her lips and groaned at her own stupidity. Ever since she left Oberoi Mansion and he followed her to her home, he made her feel dumb at all times without saying or doing a thing.

"Are you not done?" she asked.

"No," came his reply.

"How long will it take?" she asked back.

"How am I supposed to say?"

"Please leave!"

"I can't. I won't leave until I finish my deed."

"Deed? Seriously? Fine!"

She extended her hand, pulled in a bathrobe, and stepped out of the shower. Shivaay's mouth went agape. She glared at him for staring. Her eyes followed his to find his pulsating length. She shut closed her eyes and stepped towards the door. He picked up his boxer though there was nothing to hide anymore.

***

Annika closed and opened her eyes a couple of times trying to get rid of what she saw in the bathroom. Even if it was for a split second. Why couldn't she close her eyes?