35. Adventures of SSO and So -rr -y

Fun fact: I wanted to title this chapter 'Adventures of SSO and the five-lettered-word.' Only if it would fit in :(

***

Shivaay was in a debate between going to Kalyani and consoling her and staying with Annika to make it up to her. Both were equally important, one for his family and the other for himself. All he knew was that he could not let Annika leave him this time.

He cupped her face, "I am-so-rr-"

"Billu!"

"Dadi!" he hit his palm on the wall.

"You should go to her. She is worried," Annika advised.

Shivaay looked at her with reluctance visible in his face. He did not want to go away from her until and unless she forgave him.

"Come with me," he pulled her along him to reach downstairs and greet Kalyani.

Annika stayed silent as if she lost the ability to speak. She let him do whatever he wanted. That's what she did last night and that's what she was doing now. What she wanted was beyond her comprehension,

***

"Dadi, she is fine. They just kept her under supervision to avoid things deteriorating further," Rudra was assuring Kalyani when Shivaay and Annika reached there.

"I went to Rishikesh. I was praying for all four of your well-being. What happened in my absence. My dear child!" Kalyani cried.

"Dadi," Shivaay reached her, his hand still in Annika's, "Prinku will be fine, okay? Trust me, I arranged for the best team of doctors and nurses to take care of her."

Kalyani kept weeping.

"Dadi, don't worry. Shivaay said, right? If he is saying something, we must trust him," Annika said to Shivaay's surprise. Only now he realized she had been calling him Shivaay since they reached home last night. He sighed in relief for the first time in a while. And her words were equally surprising. If only she believed the same in case of herself.

His phone rang. While his left one held Annika's hand, he used his right one to fish out his phone from his left pocket and answered the call. Annika sighed. The man won't leave her hand but will go through the unease of taking out the phone from his left pocket with his right hand.

"What are you saying?" his voice seemed tensed, "I bribed them to not let the news out. Okay, don't worry. Don't leave Prinku for a second. I am reaching there right now. I will handle these."

"Billu?" Kalyani asked once Shivaay ended the call.

"Some reporters have invaded the hospital. I bribed their management team to not let the news out. Ba****ds!"

Annika witnessed Shivaay using a profane word for the first time. He was terribly off in the department called mood.

"Let's go," he walked out of the mansion with Annika.

"What made her suicide?' Kalyani asked Rudra.

Rudra turned pale. He did not reply for quite some time.

"If something disturbed her, then why couldn't she tell Billu? My Billu would have destroyed the person by now," Kalyani spoke with visible pride in Shivaay.

"Bhaiya did all this," Rudra confessed. Just then he received a text and narrated everything to Kalyani as is except for the part where Shivaay and Annika lived separately for a week.