10. Honeymoon?

Annika was extremely happy the morning of the day right after their reception. Her paag phera rasam would happen, and she could meet her father. Though they met during the reception, she couldn't talk to him properly. Now she would just go and be with him all day.

Shivaay came out of the restroom. His scent filled the air in the room. She was in love with that scent already. His eyes caught hers in the mirror. The mirror game was getting common between the two of them. She would stare at him, more specifically at his eyes, and he would actually stare back.

Shivaay cleared his throat and turned to Annika.

"If I am not wrong, today you are going back, no?" he asked.

She looked on as he buttoned his cufflinks and talked to her simultaneously.

"Yes, but I will be back by the evening," she informed him.

Shivaay nodded. He grabbed his phone from the dressing table and placed it inside the pocket of his trousers.

A hesitant Annika spoke up, "Would you like to accompany me there?"

Shivaay thought for a second. Annika closed her eyes. What if he says no? She would feel bad. Was she being too demanding?

"I would have come, but I have things to care about at the office. Sorry. I will accompany you some other day," he said.

Annika frowned, "It's fine."

"But I will try to come by in the evening if time permits."

Annika's frown changed into a wide smile. She hoped he could make it.

Shivaay put on his blazer. He was halfway out of the room when Annika's voice rang in his ears.

"See you later!"

Shivaay left without any response.

Annika gave herself a pitiful smile and went to rummage through the cupboard to select her clothes.

Her eyes traveled to Shivaay's clothes. He had a classy taste when it came to his outfit. She loved his formals. He looked handsome.

'A well-dressed man is more attractive than a man with six-packs'

Now only she understood the meaning of this saying. Her husband was a great example.

She packed a small gift and took an empty bag with her. The gift was for Harsh. And she would use the bag to bring some of her stuff in this mansion which she left behind in hers.

Later, she took the car to head to her home. That would always be hers, married or not.

***

"Papa" she said aloud as soon as she entered the mansion with the set of keys she had.

A smiling Harsh descended downstairs and embraced her. She hugged back.

"It's so good to see you here. I was missing you."

"Why would you miss me? Now you have the whole mansion to yourself. And there, I am having to share a room with billu ji " She concluded with a pout.

Harsh chuckled as he patted the back of her head.

"I lived alone when I sent you to London for your bachelor's too. I missed you a lot" he kissed her forehead, "And what about sharing the room with him? He is your husband, what's wrong in that? If you guys were not sharing the room, I would be more concerned."