The Proposal

"Helen come here," Aiden ordered without lifting his eyes from Kai's face which amused the strange man even more.

I would have most definitely argued if I could but I knew to read a situation when needed. Swallowing my objections I slowly walked back to him and past the strange man.

"Looks like you scared the little princess so much that she's already running away." I heard the man say and I swivelled around to glare at him.

"I wasn't running away!" I snapped much to his surprise.

Who the hell does he think he is to speak for me?

"Helen. You can defend yourself out of this mess later." I turned back to Aiden's stone-cold face which prevented me from arguing further. "Let's go home. Now."

I bit back my argumentive tongue and stepped ahead only for my injured leg to dip as a result of a loss of balance making me hiss in pain.

Two people immediately took a step ahead to assist me but my brother beat the other to it.

"Stay back," Aiden growled wrapping a protective arm around my shoulder to support me while sending a death glare to Kai who I could sense standing right behind me.

I was quite surprised by Aiden's display of protectiveness and aggression.

Kai and my brother clearly weren't on a good term basis. They both were equally hostile and cautious around each other and yet the man hadn't shown any kind of resentment towards me earlier which confused me. He even tried to catch me despite me snapping at him a few seconds earlier.

Why was he decent to me yet so hostile towards my brother?

I hung on to Aiden's shirt to give support trying my best to hide the discomfort on my face.

I turned around halfway to see Kai walking back shaking his head.

"I'm not the only person who you should be concerned about your highness." Kai winked at Aiden who in turn tightened his arm around me.

"What I should or should not be concerned about is none of your business Kai." Aiden shot back his glare asking his opponent to stand down.

"Careful." The smile on Kai's face turned frightening as he looked over at us. "You don't want to provoke me, Prince. We all know the consequence of and it would be a shame being ungentlemanly in front of a lady."

I gulped sensing the building tension and tugged Aiden's shirt to stop him from answering back.

Who knows what this man might do?

Kai noticing the movement of my hand briefly looked over to me, his green eyes assessing my face as if searching for something.

"It was nice meeting you again...Sage."

Aiden and I froze simultaneously as I quickly spun around ignoring the pain in my leg.

As far as I remember correctly no one except my brothers knew my human name.

"How did you-" For the first time ever I could feel a drop in confidence in my brother's tone.

"How did I know?" Kai mocked his amusement sending chills down my spine. "If I were you I'd be very careful about her safety."

"You don't have to worry about it." Aiden snapped after he composed himself quickly as if it were a plain reflex to him, his tones hostility increasing.

"Oh, I won't," Kai said calmly. "But you certainly should."

Just as these words left his lips something burst out of his shoulders summoning such strong winds in its wake that one had to shield themselves with their arms to avoid something hurling onto their face.