The Debutante

"Presenting his royal highness King Dominic of the demonic realm and her royal highness Princess Helen of Hellora."

A hush fell over as thousands of eyes zeroed on me.

The ballroom had been decorated beautifully but everything seemed to fade away next to the overwhelming amount of attention on me.

My grip on Dominic's hand immediately tightened as my throat felt strangely heavy.

Instantly every single head in the most graceful of manners dipped down in a low bow.

A thousand heads were bowing...to me!

My cheeks grew rather heated.

"You alright?" My brother whispered as he guided me down the stairs.

"I guess so?" I whispered my voice wavering. "I'm just not a big fan of attention."

"Do you want me to keep their eyes down the whole time?" Dominic questioned calmy and I whipped my head to him in astonishment.

"You can't do that!" I hissed hoping no one was able to hear us despite the silence.

My brother gave me a glance looking rather smug.

"You know I can." He said with a slight shrug.

"Don't you dare," I growled knowing he was right.

My brother gave me another smirk as we reached the last step and I prayed he wouldn't do something harsh.

I spotted Aiden and Christian at the other end of the room smirking and smiling respectively.

Everyone parted ways as Dominic gestured for them to straighten up and gentle music filled the ballroom which meant that it was time for our first dance.

"Try not to step on my foot will you?" Dominic teased as we walked to the centre of the room and faced each other. "I heard Christian was limping around for quite some time."

"Very funny," I grumbled as I placed an arm over his shoulder.

We began slowly, our steps identical and smooth. I didn't look at my brother too busy muttering the numbers under my breath petrified that I would make a mistake.

"Sage." I snapped my gaze to my brother. "This ball wasn't organised to be perfect, it was to introduce your real self to these people so stop being so tensed and-"

I almost screamed when Dominic changed the routine of our steps and twirled me around.

"Have some fun." My brother smirked at my surprised face as he pulls me back to him again.

It takes me a moment to calm my surprised heart and I glance at the crowd nervously. Almost everyone was watching us with watchful and interested eyes.

However, looking at Dominic's face I gradually let myself breathe and give him a smile.

A carefree one.

"Okay," I said as I relax and simply dance to the tune.

Twirling and dancing randomly on our own I had to admit that this was way more fun than my tensed self.

My brother has permitted me to do whatever the hell I want.

So be it.

I laughed when my brother would surprise me with a random step and by the looks of it, people were starting to appear very surprised with the genuine smile on my eldest brothers face.

Of course, Dominic's foot wasn't spared in the least.

I am not entirely sure how many times he must have cursed the maidens for having me wear heels.