The Ruling Part

I exhale noisily as the maidens finish dressing me.

It felt weird not having Christian and Aiden around but I had somehow managed to pull myself together.

My rage being the most prominent reason.

My anger had managed to snap me out of my moping phase helping me to concentrate on the present issues of importance such as the Royal meeting for instance.

All the Dukes, Duchess's and Noble's had been called in to discuss the attack the palace had faced and to discuss how to keep the situation under control. To pretend as if Dominic wasn't hurt.

Giving the Noble's that particular information would only prove to be fatal.

I bit the insides of my cheeks.

I will have to do this.

For my brother's sake.

"I would like to meet up with my brother first," I announced as soon as I stepped out of my room.

Kai and Merida immediately turned to face me.

"The king has already asked for you," Kai said his face seemingly grim.

"Then let's not waste time," I muttered taking the lead.

I felt pressured knowing that everyone was counting on me.

Christian, Aiden and Dominic.

This was the first time I would be getting a chance to help them and I just couldn't let anything mess it up.

I had to make everything right. So that Dominic could rest well and get back up on his feet.

I chose to stay quiet the entire journey to the king's chambers knowing I had to be tough.

But could I really handle this much?

"I was waiting for you." Dominic sat leaning against the bed frame with Samuel standing beside him.

"To wish me good luck?" I asked sounding like I was dreading it all which technically I was.

"You don't have to look so tensed." Dominic chastised like I knew he would. "Do not forget who you are."

"And who am I?" I asked dryly.

"You are the princess of the Demonic Realm," Dominic responded firmly. "And most importantly you are my sister. You need to be confident because there isn't an individual here who can defy your authority."

I pursed my lips.

"It's weird not having Christian and Aiden here." I simply said.

"Even if they were here they would have asked you to believe in yourself." Dominic asserted with a slight smile.

"I suppose they would." I agreed.

My brothers would just ask me to do whatever the hell I want.

"We have a few things to go over your highness." Samuel began earning my attention.

"Go ahead," I responded with a nod.

"Only a few Noble's would be attending to represent the purebloods." The Advisor said. "We believe they are trying to stay off the radar especially since it was Dexter leading the attack."

I pursed my lips internally scoffing. 

"And Sir Michael will be taking Duke Walder's place in today's meeting." Samuel suddenly added making me frown.

"Who's that?" I asked rather confused. I remembered Duke Walder of Rostaire but I certainly hadn't heard of any Michael.

"Michael is a friend and Duke Walder's son," Dominic answered with a fond smile. "I suppose he is here since he will soon be succeeding his father's position."