Awakening Of Hydra

"What is going on?" Christian asked his stance tensed.

Kai hesitated before answering.

"It's the Bellesavin Groves."

What the hell?

I exchanged looks with Dominic taken aback.

The Bellesavian groves, which were located behind the city of Titan, was that part of the domain where powerful creatures resided. It was the one location demons did not dare enter. The forest was unlike the rest of the realm as it was the most dangerously unpredictable area.

Most kept away from there but there were mercenaries from time to time trying to smuggle claws and hides from slain creatures into the black market.

What could possibly have happened now?

"What about it?" Dominic's voice turned a lot more harsh than normal making me flinch.

The advisor and Merida also entered the room unable to understand the commotion.

Kai's expression which was always composed was now disoriented.

"Somone woke Hydra."

I could feel everyone going very still and this didn't feel like the normal tensed shock that I was used to from time to time.

No.

This was fear.

"What?" I found myself asking out of anxiety when no one said a word.

Despite my knowledge of the Bellesavian Groves, I did not have a clue of who or what Hydra was supposed to be.

Nobody responded all still focused on Kai.

Even the Advisor was starting to look pale.

"What the hell is Hydra?!" I yelled trying to snap them out of it.

Was it a type of demonic creatures like an ogre or something?

I couldn't make sense of anything.

It was Dominic who spoke up, his answers leaving chills down my spine.

"Hydra is-" My brother had an unusual look in his eyes.

Panic.

I was not sure if I heard his following word's correct.

"A dragon."

Excuse me?

I went still for a second before a disbelieving chuckle left me.

Surely that's a joke.

Devil's and demons I can take.

Adding a dragon to that equation?

"Please tell me that's just some myth," I whispered.

"Not by the contents of this letter." Kai held the crumpled piece of paper. "The Demonic realm did have dragons millions of years ago but they were mostly killed by our ancestors for constant attacks."

"Hydra was probably one of the last of his kind," The Advisor said. "But he was last spotted thousands of years ago. Hydra supposedly never attacked our people, disappearing somewhere deep into the groves never to be seen again. This was also a myth passed around because no one left alive had sheer proof."

"Yeah well, now the same sheer proof has burned down half the buildings in Titan." Kai hissed. "My stepmother is tending to the injured and those who needed to evacuate. She's retaining them in the castle and has closed off every region near the groves with an army camp positioned there. She's awaiting your order and has written asking for help."