Bonus Chapter

"Your highness." Green eyes met golden ones as the shields behind him bowed to the king.

"Kai." Dominic nodded.

"Your majesty." Kai gave a slight courtesy as Dominic nodded.

"At ease." The King ordered and everyone straightened up.

"We found a demon who might be connected to the raid," Kai answered.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Dominic questioned with a raised brow.

Kai looked at his royal outfit and then back at him.

"I have a coat, Duke." Dominic said with an irritated gaze, knowing what Kai's gaze meant.

Kai smirked as the king opened the portal. He loved riling Dominic.

Dust swirled around the cloaked men summoned by the stampeding common demons across the busy street. They were in an alley beside a market in the middle of the town.

Dominic shielded his face with a metal mask. He'd rather not startle someone and give the traitor a whiff of their plan.

"Shall we?" Kai muttered with a brief breath of annoyance.

He hated crowds.

Jumping from one rooftop to another with winged speed, the cries of the vendors and common dweller soon drowned out in the roars of the soaring winds.

Kai squared his jaw hoping that they find some sort of clue that helped him take a step further in discovering which bastard had framed his father.

A vicious glint adorned his eyes.

He would not let the criminal off the hook easily.

The rat had no idea what was coming.

Finally, after leaving the market somewhat behind, Kai halted at a particular rooftop and Dominic lightly stepped in beside him.

"You four." Kai addressed the shields. "Find that scum."

Dominic and Kai stood still as the other men disappeared from their side and out of view.

The surrounding was somewhat silent with hardly any demons on the streets which worked to their advantage. The job would be fulfilled without any additional obstacles.

"Out of curiosity." Dominic began abruptly capturing the Duke's attention. "Did my sister recognize you?"

Kai shook his head not addressing the kings eyes. "I never expected her to."

He was lying. Kai didn't want Dominic to know that Sage in reality did have some sort of recollection of him. It was something he'd rather avoid, just like the way he had been avoiding her. He didn't need a recollection or confrontation of the past in any shape or form.

"Do you plan to tell her?" Dominic questioned further. He was never the one to pry into other people's business but this concerned his sister and Dominic knew how sensitive she was when it came to the matters of her memories.

"No," Kai said firmly. "I see no use of it. She's already grown up into someone different and I-"

Kai smirked leeringly pausing for a moment, "I'm no longer the pathetic naive boy I was."

Dominic let their short conversation fall just as a shield emerged by his side.

"We got him, commander."

Kai stepped aside letting Dominic leap into the balcony first.

Let the games begin.

The King walked into the dim-lit room.