Episode 20: Fallen Empire

Start from the beginning

Normani pushed herself off the ground, her ranger armour surrounding her body. She powered down and looked around, wincing at the soreness of her body. She could see the destroyed building. She looked around freezing as she watched Camila cry over Lucy's body.

Normani took a step forward, but stopped when she heard a cough. She looked to her side to see Dinah standing up, her own armour on her body. Normani quickly ran to her and hugged her.

"You're okay," Normani whispered, relief rushing through her.

Dinah nodded, pressing her face against the crook of the Blue Ranger's neck. Normani pulled away and grabbed her girlfriend's hand. She looked around, trying to pinpoint the other rangers in the wreckage. She knew that Ally was protected by her armour, but Lauren, Shawn and Troy weren't.

"Ally! Lo!" Dinah shouted, looking around as well. The two rangers heard a small rumble. They looked over to see Ally and Troy pushing a piece of building off of them. The two rangers on the surface rushed to help them.

Dinah quickly hugged Ally and Troy. The Pink Ranger demorphing and leaned into the hug, needing the connection.

"Who's missing?" Troy asked, looking around.

"We haven't heard from Lauren or Shawn," Normani said, her eyes going to the Green and former White Rangers.

"Lauren's not going to handle it well," Dinah whispered, looking at her best friend.

"We have to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid," Troy told the group.

"Like go after Lord Zadicus on her own," Nomani whispered, her eyes on Camila and Lucy.

PRHR

Lauren leaned against a barely standing building, her eyes staring up ahead. She felt empty, alone. Her body felt heavy, it felt so heavy. She wanted him to pay. She wanted to hurt Lord Zadicus, She had to, for taking so many things from her. Her parents, her home, Taylor, Austin, her sister.

Lauren felt tears fill her eyes, as she pushed herself up.

"Fight me!" she shouted, her body trembling in pain. She looked around, needing to kill Lord Zadicus. Needing to get her revenge. "Come here and face me!"

"Lauren!" she heard someone shout. She looked over to see Shawn running as fast as he could to her, his face bruised and covered in blood. Lauren just stared at him. He ran to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Val," he whispered.

"Where is he?" Lauren asked, her voice raspy from the screaming.

"Don't do this, don't lose yourself," Shawn whispered, looking into her eyes.

"He needs to pay," she told him, her voice oozing pain, anger and hatred.

"And he will, just stay with me," he whispered, his hands moving to her cheeks.

Lauren shook her head. "I'm going to kill him."

Shawn pulls Lauren close, pressing his lips against hers, his actions desperate. Lauren places her hand on his hand that is on her cheek. He pulls away and looks into her green eyes. "Come back to me."

Lauren looked into Shawn's eyes, only to start sobbing. She pressed herself against his chest, her hands gripping his shirt. Shawn just wrapped his arms around her, knowing nothing he said would make anything okay.

Commercial Break

Then

Camila smiled, seeing the teens stand up, ready to fight. For the first time a while, she had hope. She looked down to the hand gripping her own. She turned her head to smile at her girlfriend.