20 ~ woe & key

panic. worry. panic. worry, worry.

jisung was once again panicking.

his heart seemed to staccato between these two sentiments along with confusion, concern, fear and many other emotional grey areas. the blue haired had never recieved a call from soomin's school for such a pressing matter in the past. in fact, jisung couldn't remember a time where the school had ever called him. soomin had been a model student with exceptional grades who respected her teachers and classmates. so what happened? jisung wished he knew as he travelled the bus and texted minho who was unable to leave work early to drop off jisung at soomin's school but was equally concerned for the eight year old girl. stepping into the education facility, jisung was greeted by jeongin who hugged the blue haired tightly.

"gosh, i'm so sorry about this. i'll take you to the office where everyone's waiting." the younger lead the way to a glass-walled room that revealed two seemingly unamused secretaries tapping away at their computers and answering phone calls behind desks stacked with paperwork of sorts. on a couple chairs set in front of these desks sat soomin, a boy looking about her age with a bruised cheek painted deep purple, and a couple at least a decade older than jisung. the blue haired recognized the three strangers as the family who stared at him during at the parent-teacher interviews. just great. 

upon spotting her papa soomin smiled, though the action soon dwindled into a grimace as she was reminded of the circumstances under which he was there.

"let's head into the principal's office, shall we?"

an honourable office it was, lined by shelves mounded with books and documents and trophies and awards the school received. on the desk that sat in the middle of the room a large monitor rested among other office junk and filings. the principal himself was a petite man, most likely in his sixties, with black hair, a sharp nose, happy creases around his eyes, and a serious glint in them as well. he wore a strict frown with a pressed grey suit, white button up and red tie. a regal man he seemed that did not put up with nonsense but was fair in judgment. or at least jisung hoped he was, perhaps the blue haired was grasping at straws for postulating the man's character based off the wrinkles on his face and lack thereof in his attire.

"good afternoon, if you didn't already know i am mr. park, this school's principal. it's a pleasure to meet you but unfortunate are the circumstances under which we gather today." mr. park addressed the parents in the room, a speech most likely memorized over time of use. "now i assume we all know of this reason and our goal is to take this as a learning experience and grow to become better people through this meeting. to learn from mistakes of the past and find better ways to problem solve. let's start with listening to all sides of the story. mr. yang, why don't you begin?"

jeongin shifted in his seat as all eyes in the room focused on him. "well, normally i supervise lunch breaks but had left our classroom to go print off math worksheets for our class. when i came back the class was really quiet, which is weird for a class of third and fourth graders during a break. once i entered i noticed everyone was staring at soomin, youngdo and hyunsuk, who is a friend of soomin." jeongin gestured towards the two children who sat beside their parents with heads bowed, knowing the next event in the recount all too well. 

"nobody noticed i was there and i was curious as to what was going on so i stood to watch from the doorway. youngdo was insulting soomin and her papa and at first soomin ignored him while hyunsuk tried to comfort her. then youngdo insulted hyunsuk and his parents and soomin became very upset and punched him. that's what i saw, i don't know if i'm missing anything from the story. oh, but after soomin punched youngdo i seperated the two and sent them both to the principal's office and here we are now."