16 ~ latest lore

"ms. soomin, are you alright?"

at this the eight year old's cries only grew in volume causing jisung and minho to wiz around and find a sobbing soomin clutching at her new plushie, ice cream forgotten in the cup holder beside her.

"baby, what's wrong? are you hurt? what happened?" jisung panicked, struggling with his seatbelt and rushing over to the backseat to comfort the crying girl. minho could only stare, shocked beyond measure at how sad soomin looked, who usually only displayed un-amusement, seriousness and happiness. seeing the broken expression on her face now violently tugged at the ravenette's heart so much he thought he might cry as well.

"y-you and mr. minho fought because of me and now i made papa upset and mr. minho might leave." soomin sobbed harder as she spoke, mourning over the conclusions she came to.

"baby, it's not your fault. i'm not upset, papa was just being silly, alright? there's no need to cry." jisung cupped soomin's cheeks and wiped her tears as he spoke, then embraced her in a tight hug allowing his daughter to dry the rest of the salty sadness on his sleeve.

"and i won't leave you two, especially not because of that. you know i love you ms. soomin, right?" minho also headed to the backseat to be greeted by a wide eyed soomin who stared in awe at the ravenette.

"you do?"

"of course i do, how can i not love han soomin, the adorable girl with irresistible charm?" soomin giggled and looked down at her papa's hands intertwined with her own shyly before grabbing one of minho's own to hold. an action that melted the ravenette's heart.

"i love you too mr. minho." 

when jisung told minho he loved him for the first time minho had felt a white hot overflowing amount of happiness course through his entire body. now, when soomin said it, he felt a more soothing joy hug him as well as the urge to cry. and so he did. just a little though, and with a smile on his face.

minho embraced the two han's in a warm and grateful hug, tightening his hold when he felt the others return the gesture and the trio sat there for some time enjoying each other's company.

"so, are you guys gonna make up now?" jisung winced, recalling the earlier interaction that lead up to this moment as they broke the hug. he regretted reacting the way he did. his outburst had been fueled be embarrassment, wounded pride and fear, an awful mix in any brew. jisung knew minho would not be offended by his harsh words, being the awfully understanding person he was, and this only made him feel worse about it.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you minho, i really shouldn't have reacted so harshly i just felt self-conscious, i guess, about what you suggested." jisung looked to his hands still intertwined with his daughter's and his lover's as he apologized, too nervous to make eye contact.

"and i'm sorry for insisting on it even thouh you were uncomfortable with what i said." minho rubbed his thumb against soomin and jisung's knuckles, eyes focused on jisung's face.

"so it's all good now?"

"sure is baby, now eat your ice cream before it completely melts!"

❥ ✎ ❥ 

after the day of their first 'i love you's,' repeating the short phrase became a new set routine for the trey. they would repeat it to each other upon waking up, at random successive intervals within the day, and at night along with their goodnights. soomin said the three words the most, repeating them over and over at any given time. it was as if the eight year old became addicted to the taste of those words on her tongue, or rather the feeling it left in her chest when either adult returned the phrase. of course, her and jiusng exchanged these words long before minho joined the two but it seemed now that the ravenette had declared his love for the two the papa and daughter exchanged the words much more often.