6 ~ bookish bling

"so what are your favourite reads?"

jisung could go on and on about them all, and so he did. normally he'd be self-conscious about his incessant and passionate blabbering with someone he didn't know very well but with minho he felt . . different. he felt so comfortable with the older and minho listened intently to everything jisung said, as if each word was crucial information he mustn't forget. the ravenette learned about the importance of a variety of love in sentimental stories, not just romantic love. how love between friends and family can be so much more impactful, deep and meaningful in a story then any romantic relationship. 

soomin zoned out of her eavesdropping session and dozed off not long after jisung's rambling began, completely disinterested and confused by all the grown-up talk and big words her papa was using. the eight year old could tell jisung was happy and for that she was too, allowing a small smile to settle on her sleeping face.

minho, on the other hand, noticed jisung's dislike for romance which became more and more evident as the blue haired continued to speak. it didn't take a genius to figure out what may have caused the evident grudge considering jisung's history but minho wondered if the younger would ever be willing to have a romantic relationship again. specifically with minho. 

'no' seemed to be the appropriate answer as jisung continued to diss every cliché to ever exist in romance and invalidate many popular (fictional) relationships. considering this, minho came to the realization that the 'plan' he had laid out to soomin the day of jisung and his date in the car may be more difficult and much easier than he thought.

falling in love with jisung and developping a strong relationship as friends would be simple. but having jisung fall in love with minho as well and developping a relationship just as strong as lovers? now that would be a challenge.

minho had not faced many challenges in his twenty six years of living seeing as most of what life had to offer was usually handed to him on a silver platter. but this was a challenge he was more than willing to take on.

❥ ✎ ❥

the trio arrived at jisung and soomin's apartment complex much too soon for any's liking and in a spur of the moment attempt to prolong their time together, soomin suggested minho come inside and stay with them for some time. this was an offer neither adult could, or wanted to, refuse so they made their way up the elevator to the third floor and walked through a couple hallways decorated with fake flower arrangements, bright red carpet and dim yellow lighting. 

they entered the apartment jisung and soomin called home to be greeted by a living and dining room space decked with the somewhat organized clutter of plushies, dvds, photos, prints and books galore. although two sturdy bookshelves reaching the ceiling and stacked stiff with novels of sorts stood loyally on either side of the television which sat on a small wooden cabinet, books could be seen everywhere. on the coffee table sitting in front of the the tv and old, overstuffed dark leather couch, on the couch itself, hidden between cushions, even on the dining table one could spot a couple stragglers adding to the abundant collection in the apartment. and this was only one room!

"damn." minho mumbled, taking a few steps inside after taking off his shoes. jisung smiled in response before announcing he would prepare a couple snacks and that minho was free to 'make himself at home' and turn on the tv in the meantime. 

the older opted to checking out some of the novels the couch hid in it's every nook and cranny instead after having sat on one, coming to the painful realization too late as the hard cover copy of treasure island by robert louis stevenson came into harsh contact with his ass. the ravenette lost interest quickly after flipping through a couple pages and stuck his hand between the cushions finding a squirrel plushie and the giant slayer by iain lawerence, a soft cover thankfully. jisung soon returned with a plate of sugar cookies, orange juice and three glasses, placing the tray carrying all the items on the coffee table and pushing some books onto the floor in the process.

"sorry, this was all we had- oh, you found prince hazelnut!" jisung exclaimed before sitting on the couch beside minho, expertly avoiding any hard cover butt-bruisers.

"yeah, he was in between the cushions along with this." minho responds, holding out the giant slayer for jisung to see. he waited as the blue haired mumbled a 'one sec' to him while the younger tapped at his cracked iphone and the apartment was soon filled with lofi jazz coming from the small blue speakers sitting on the dining room table minho failed to notice.

when jisung looked up and saw the novel in the older's hand his face adopted a gummy, cheerful smile and he clasped his hands together in contentment.

"and you found the giant slayer! you must be a missing object magnet, we've been looking for this for weeks!"

"and you never checked the couch?" minho asked in disbelief

"well, to be fair, it was announced missing weeks ago and we were both too lazy to look for it." jisung chuckles awkwardly and the ravenette joins with a laugh of his own.

"in that case you must not be very fond of it."

"oh no, the opposite really. it's my favourite novel ever. it's just that we also have the hard cover copy of it somewhere and this one's already gone missing like, three times." jisung explained, pouring out the orange juice while munching on a cookie.

"ah, okay. you didn't mention this one earlier, why is it your favourite?" minho accepts the glass jisung offers him and takes a sip, enjoying the sweet citrus beverage.

"wow, i'm surprised i forgot about it. it's a wonderful, sentimental, love-between-friends-and-family, mature childern's story that is, like, super good." the blue haired shrugs and hands soomin a glass as well, who happily takes it with a small 'thank you papa.'

"sounds great, what's the plot?"

jisung smirked and shifted in his seat so he could rest his head in one hand and his orange juice in the other, swirling the liquid around the cup and quirking his eyebrow teasingly.

"read it and find out."

"what?"

"take the book with you and read it . return it when you're done though, and in good condition or so help me-"

"got it, got it." minho interrupted, placing the novel on his thigh.

"so, how was your day?"

❥ ✎ ❥

after talking for hours on end about whatever topic arose minho needed to return to his own home to feed his cats and finish some work. the ravenette was escorted to his car by jisung and soomin, who saw him off with a small smile albeit adorable smile, and minho made it back to his awaiting house. 

once he indeed fed his three cats, replied emails and caught up on work, the ravenette unlocked his phone and opened up his contacts before tapping on a name he never thought he'd call again. this name had been echoing in minho's mind for some time now and he knew it would be for the best if he contacted him after all these years.

"hello? minho?"

"hey felix, it's been a while."

❥ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝟙𝟝/𝟙𝟙/𝟚𝟘

the plot's finally getting somewhere ouuu👀

wow this one took a while for me to type up,, but hehe jisung's apartment would be my dream apartment omg i loved writing about it and this is coming from someone who hates writing descriptions (ノ≧ڡ≦)

as always, thank you for reading and have a niiicee daayyyyy <3333