1 ~ happy meals

jisung was panicking.

this was a stressed-running-around, mental-sirens-blaring, eyes-frantically-scanning-anywhere-and-everywhere kind of panic. why though? minho hadn't the slightest clue but his curiosity grew as he wondered what had set off the cute blue haired guy sprinting through walmart like mad. you could say that was what convinced him to speak up.

"are you alright?"

jisung whipped his head around with wide eyes towards the book section isle where the man who asked him the question with an obvious answer stood, smiling awkwardly.

"no. not at all. have you seen a girl wearing a yellow dress with black shoulder length hair and a red bow in it?"

the stranger thought for a second before nodding slowly.

"yeah, i think i saw her headed towards the freezer section. want me to show you?" jisung nodded eagerly and followed the older ravenette through the many aisles of the store.

if one could not already tell, jisung was having a crummy day. his work environment had been less than ideal that day as an intern accidentally set the microwave on fire causing the sprinklers to activate and absolutely drench all three hundred and fifty-eight pages of a novel he was meant to edit along with his laptop. 

thankfully, his laptop survived but the three hundred somewhat pages did not and he then needed to wait another hour and a half to print them all again. as if that weren't enough, it rained that day and an umbrella-less jisung stomped his way through the city, cursing the skies for their cruelty towards him, and returned home absolutely soaked. after drying off jisung realized he was in dire need of grocery shopping as he could only find instant noodles and some carrots in the fridge. now he was facing yet another struggle of the day.

finally, the odd pair turned a corner into the milk aisle and jisung heard a familiar voice call out.

"papa?"

jisung quickly turned around to see the very one he was looking for and immediately ran to embrace her in a relieved hug.

"ohhh, baby where did you go?!"

"i went to get milk 'cause it's on the list," the eight year old looked into jisung's eyes with confusion written into her expression.

"you had me so worried, i thought i lost you! next time let's go together, alright? ohh, i was so worried." jisung reprimanded as he tucked a couple strands of hair behind the girl's ear.

"sorry papa," she said, bowing her head slightly.

"papa?" minho mumbled behind the reunited pair, slightly confused.

jisung managed to hear the older's comment and stood up, removing  himself from the hug and opting to hold the girl's hand instead.

"uh, thank you so much for helping me find my daughter." the 'cute blue haired guy' said, smiling widely now and looking less like an exam-stressed college student.

'daughter, huh?' the man before minho looked nothing less than twenty-five, minho considered while studying his face. he glanced down at both of the other's hands before boldly speaking up with whatever confidence he could muster.

"y'know, as a thank you i'd really appreciate your number and a coffee date, if you don't mind." minho smirked, watching the blush slowly overtake the younger's face.

"u-um, sure. why not," jisung answered not daring to make eye contact and reached out his hand to take the older's phone.

After quickly typing in his number, jisung handed back the ravenette's phone and mumbled another 'thanks.' after watching the odd interaction the eight-year-old spoke up.

"papa, why are you so red?"

"UM. no reason soomin, let's go find our shopping cart and get mcdonald's, yeah?"

minho chuckled lightly as the blush spread to the young man's ears and neck and he practically dragged his daughter away.

seems like life is finally getting interesting.

❥   ✎   ❥   

jisung and soomin had finally returned to the apartment they called home after their shopping adventure and buying mcdonald's. soomin was now seated on the couch watching an anime on the tv while eating the fries from her happy meal and fiddling with the tiny munchlax plushie that came with the food. meanwhile, jisung sat on his bed as he talked to his childhood best friend over the phone.

"lix, what should i do?"

"wait for him to text or call you and then answer him?"

no shit sherlock.

"but what should i say?"

"i don't know, just be yourself. what's the worst that could happen?"

"i embarrass myself and am never able to show face in public again?"

"of come on, it can't turn out that bad i-" A slight groan can be heard over the phone, interrupting whatever he was going to say.

"lix, are you alright?"

"i'm fine just- ugh- baby kicks, y'know? one sec- BINNIE!!"

jisung giggled as he heard his best friend's husband's steps pounding up the stairs and worried questions as he obsesses over his lover's wellbeing.

"i'm fine, jeez. just wanted to tell you the baby kicked."

jisung could practically see changbin's excited expression over the phone as felix giggled and the blue haired could only assume changbin had gently pressed his hands against felix's swollen belly.

the blue haired man was now listening to the married couple excitedly discuss anything and everything to do with their soon-coming son, forgetting their friend was still on the line.

 felix and changbin's relationship was as cliché as one could get. the pair met in the café changbin worked at the summer before felix and jisung started university. this had been a rough time for the two friends and felix was especially overwhelmed the day he walked in to the café to buy two slices of strawberry cheesecake and orange pekoe tea. so much so that when changbin attempted to flirt with the boy he broke down crying.

confusion, apologies and many tissues later a highly embarrassed felix exchanged numbers with a whipped changbin. fast forward to six years in the future, the couple was a year into their marriage and felix was six months pregnant with their baby on-the-way. a roses-and-chocolate-for-valentines, each-others-best-friends relationship for sure. jisung could gag at the romantic coupley-ness, and so he did. many times over the years.

jisung sighed as he ended the call and threw his phone aside before slipping out of his work clothes and into light grey sweatpants and a navy blue hoodie. he headed to the kitchen after changing to eat his mcdonald's.

"have you finished your homework yet?"

"yup, i finished it all," soomin's eyes were focused on a certain angry blond firing explosions from his fists.

"that's good," jisung munched on some fries and tapped away at his laptop, working on some projects, work related and otherwise. the two sat in comfort as the tv emitted sounds of yelling and dramatic sound effects, both silent until soomin spoke up.

"are you gonna see the walmart man again?"

jisung paused, fingers hovering over his keyboard as he considered his answer. he then smiled looking up from the screen to see soomin looking back at him, and light blush patting his cheeks.

"i hope so."

❥ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝟘𝟜/𝟙𝟙/𝟚𝟘

first chapter done yaaaay!! (っ^▿^)i hope y'all liked it and stick around for more, thanks for reading and stay safe! :)