28 ~ parallel error

felix stared at the poster that had been lazily pinned to the large cork-board hanging in the fitness hallway. it was stacked with many other documents of the sort and yet this bright red and crisp yellow sheet of paper had been the one to draw him in. 

an opportunity. a chance. one felix would like to take. one chan and his mother, and most certainly jisung, would encourage him to take. 

then what could have been holding him back?

two boys waltzed out of primary gymnasium in a sagging dance of fatigue, glistening with sweat dripping from their bodies that mr. min most likely tirelessly worked them into producing. they had chatted loudly about the football season to come when one of the pair halted upon spotting the sign felix was entranced by and spoke the unheard of.

"yo bin, wanna join the school's musical?"

silence in the hall, a lone dust cloud could have rolled through and it's bounces as it hit the ground would have sounded like thunderous stomps in the deafening stillness that stretched on as the blond scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"what the fuck? you're joking, right?"

" . . no? i'm not? look, i don't know about you but i'm gonna try out. who knows, maybe i'll get in."

'of course you'll get in, you're hwang hyunjin,' felix thought as his gaze remained fixed on the audition invitation. the long haired blond would be accepted even if he sounded like a dying anatidae because he was the school's prince. a royal among everyday persons that received superior treatment despite worthiness.

auditions began the next week and they would have to check the school website for expectations, rules, and reserving a spot.

"trust me, you will." at this the hallway came alive again, now more vibrant than before as students chattered and gasped about the news of hwang hyunjin auditioning for the school's musical.

and yet all this lee felix ignored as he had let his guard down and turned to regard the boys who incited the crowd's excitement only to be surprised by them looking right back at him. and the long haired blond—

'wait, did he just wink?'

❥ ✎ ❥   

jisung set down his laptop and picked up his discarded tea that had quickly become cold, the chill of mid-november seeping into the han's apartment and prompting the members of the household to find ways to stay warm. minho seemed to have had the most trouble, curled up on the bed wearing the fuzziest of pyjamas and hogging all the blankets. he was cocooned with sua, the melon cat plushie that belonged to soomin who was named the day they all visited felix, changbin, and younjin. 

the ravenette was zoned into what his laptop displayed, completing his work for that monday evening. a common sight in jisung, and practically minho's as well, bedroom, often accompanied with soomin draped over the hibernating  ravenette blanket burrito. normally the three cat's would also be cuddled up to the trio but it was a day in which they stayed at minho's house and his house help took care of them. 

jisung smiled at the two and snuck a quick picture before facing his laptop again. the blue haired had just finished the missing chapter of his novel and was ready to send it, and all the others after, to his awaiting friends. excitement fluttered in his stomach as he anticipated their reactions to the turn of events in the plot. seungmin would most likely yell at him like always but felix was likely to cry over the phone until the line cut. jisung picked up his phone to tell the two he was sending them the novel's chapters they were yet to read when someone called him. the blue haired's phone rang, alerting the other two laying on the bed, and he noted that the caller was felix.