27 ~ wee vexes

it had been a week since the twelve hour meeting with changmin and they had already toured the platinum blond's house. it was a nice, average sized, modern looking place with three bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a wonderfully large kitchen. bora too had been introduced to the visitors and proved to be quite an energetic soul who talked animatedly about anything other than work, which she seemed to have complications with. she looked awfully familiar to minho and jisung, though they were unable to place what struck their memory about her. 

everything looked safe and clear after their thorough check and the most concerning thing they found was the not-so-secret stash of alcohol galore belonging to bora exclusively.

a worry for jisung because it raised questions whose answers provided he did not fully trust. the blue haired settled on discussing the matter with senior mr. park, grandpapa, and confirmed the woman's drinking habits and that she preferred doing so out of the house, much to the relief of jisung. still, he insisted on waiting for a time when she was in the act of drinking to judge how safe of an intoxicated person she was. 

for the time being, though, all his friends had gathered at the changlix household to hangout with baby youngjin and finally become acquainted with one another formally. the connections they all made proved the world to be much smaller than one would think, or at least theirs. chan and jeongin knew felix and changbin from their university days. jeongin knew seungmin and hyunjin through hyunsuk whom he taught. felix was well acquainted with hyunjin through work and knew seungmin through jisung and their shared interest in the midnight blue haired's novel in progress. only chan needed introductions to seungmin and hyunjin and everyone got along nicely.

they chatted of pregnancy horror stories, a genre jisung was familiar with and, though in the past suffered the terror they induced, found humour in the less-than-delightful recounts. the group also discussed work and schooling, learning that chan worked in an entertainment company as a producer. felix and jeongin made sure to tease jisung about his one-eighty change from anti-romance enthusiast to falling in love in record timing. 

the conversation divulged into stories of how each pair of lovers met and seungmin and hyunjin's reigned as most cliché, the highschool sweethearts bound by their love and an unexpected child. jeongin and chan were runners up with the campus crush and a crushing freshman getting locked in an elevator for hours filled with comfort cuddling for a claustrophobic jeongin. then came felix and changbin's café encounter and last place was minho and jisung who literally met at walmart. how romantic.

but that was just how jisung liked it and minho couldn't complain as long as jisung was happy so the memory brought a smile to both their faces. that is, minho couldn't complain as long as jisung and soomin were happy, the eight year old must be included as well. 

soomin and hyunsuk were watching movies on jisung's phone in youngjin's room, vacant of the tiny boy who clung to his papa constantly. the infant cried and fussed whenever someone else tried to pry him away from the freckled ginger even for a second. the viewing selection had been a compromise that the two made considering hyunsuk wanted to watch feel-good or romance and soomin wanted action or horror. barbie and the three musketeers happened to be the perfect mix and the pair enjoyed watching the movie together. after it finished they messed around with jisung's phone and contemplated watching another movie or playing a couple games.

"soo?"

"yeah suk?" soomin furrowed her brows as she tried to decipher the layout of jisung's contacts.

"t-thanks for being frien's with me."

soomin looked up at the sad smile on hyunsuk's face and immediately put the phone down, reaching out to wrap the petite brunette in a hug. "what are you thanking me? you don't need to thank me, i like being your friend."