19 ~ ivy loop

"park changmin?!"

said man slowly looked up fron the sheets of paper he was previously studying to answer jisung, maintaining a calm front in comparison to jisung's shaken state.

"yes, good evening. please take a seat and close the door. and only legal guardians are allowed to attend the meeting." changmin glared at minho who glared right back, recognizing the name jiaung used to address the man before slamming the door closed loud enough to expose his annoyance.

"what the hell, since when have you been soomin's teacher? why didn't you tell me?!"

"well i wasn't sure at first and then i needed to know you'd give me a chance before i told you so that you wouldn't switch soomin's school and i'd never see either of you again."

"so that's how you got my number and knew soomin's name." the platinum blond nodded, scratching th back of his neck nervously.

"yeah . . ."

"mr. park is  . . my father?" soomin spoke up, looking the most shaken as she gripped the ends up her pouffy dark violet skirt and looked ready to either scream or cry. or both.

"yes baby, he is." jisung answered tentatively and soomin remained silent for some time as her gaze rested on the floor and her brows furrowed from being deep in tought.

"then . . i'll give him a chance and try to go with him."

"you will?" jisung was surprised at soomin's sudden acceptance. she must have like her teacher a lot to agree to live with him part-time.

"yup, mr. park is nice. he's not that bad i guess." soomin looked up to meet the adoring eyes of her birth father who gaped at her with gratitude and joy in his expression.

"thank you so much soomin, i'll make sure you won't regret this."

"i better not. and call me 'mr. soomin' from now on, we need to lay down some respect." both adults in the classroom stared dumbfounded at the eight year old and after shock had subsided changmin was left confused while jisung was highly amused.

"sure thing. now we can discuss the details of you living with me another time, let's talk about your academics ms. soomin."

after the platinum blond talked about soomin's education with the blue haired and petite ravenette the two hans finished up the meeting and left the classroom to be bombarded by the rapid-fire questions from their concerned friends and loved ones.

"we're fine, it's fine. seungmin, hyunjin, we'll tell you what happened once we get home and you finish your interview for hyunsuk, just call me. jeongin, call me when you're done here so i can tell you too. min, let's go. i'll tell you in the car."

and that's how it happened. minho was less then delighted to hear that soomin's teacher was actually her father and connected it back to jisung's earlier complaints about the man. now his actions towards the eight year old made a lot more sense. seungmin and hyunjin had been quite surprised at the news as expected, though seungmin was quick to break out of his shock to creatively threaten and insult the elementary school teacher.

jisung, though, was still stuck in a limbo of sorts. how ironic the boy who ran away from the blue haired because of the child he bore grew up to work with children, and teach his own child. jisung could only say that it was a good thing soomin agreed to live with changmin as well. it showed that although the eight year old was wary of the man she trusted him enough to go with him meaning jisung made the right choice in trusting him with soomin. as long as soomin was happy, healthy and taken care of jisung had no reason to complain. even if he disliked who was doing the caring. right?