13 ~ juvenile salute

minho wanted to see jisung again and make up for not picking him and soomin up, therefore deciding to pay them a surprise visit. was this a good idea? probably not, but minho didn't think it was a bad one either. plus, he planned to come bearing cheesecake and lollipops which he knew both hans were fond of so it couldn't be that bad. 

minho drove towards the café he and jisung had their first date at and smiled as he recalled how much he enjoyed that day. the ravenette also remembered the phone call jisung received when he had dropped jisung and soomin off at their apartment complex. it had totally destroyed the younger's mood and minho wanted to ask just what upset him so much but didn't want to press the blue haired or make him uncomfortable.

minho sighed as he parked in front of the café and looked through one of it's windows to see two men sitting across from each other, seemingly suffocating in awkwardness. the ravenette almost laughed at the odd sight until he recognized one of the two who had puffed out his cheeks and resembled a squirrel.

'jisung?' minho thought as he continued to stare at the younger who seeemed to be deep in thought. after some time jisung said something that excited the man sitting in front of him, though soon the blond adopted a more worried expression. once they exchanged a few more words jisung stood up and a light drizzle began outside. the blue haired turned towards the window and minho held his breath, as if it would help him hide, only to realize jisung wouldn't be able to see the ravenette through the tinted windows of his car. the drizzle soon became a downpour and jisung's face somehow became even gloomier than before. 

minho stepped out of his car and held up his umbrella, planning to surprise jisung in the café instead of at home. he froze when the blue haired's eyes to rested on him for a second before turning back to the man he was with and jisung seemed to grow more uncomfortable than he already was. minho briskly walked into the café, wanting to make sure the younger was okay.

"are you sure? i have no problem driving you home if you're-"

"i'll be driving jisung home." minho interrupted, causing jisung and the man with him to look at the ravenette in surprise. jisung smiled a little upon seeing the older, his mood instantly brightening now that minho was there. the blue haired glanced between the blond he was with and the ravenette who arrived, noticing the growing tension weaving itself amongst the two males. to stop either from doing anything rash jisung took a step towards minho.

"i'll be going now then, bye." jisung grabbed minho's arm and practically dragged him out of the café.

once inside minho's car the two were silent for some time, neither making a move to say anything as the rain pounded on the vehicle and filled the silence.

"who was that?" minho spoke first, glancing at jisung who bit his lip.

"he was . . he's . ." jisung hesitated, looking down at his lap where he played with his fingers. minho could almost combust on the spot at how cute jisung was. he looked just like soomin had when minho talked to her in his car the other day.

"you don't have to say now, you can tell me when you're ready. or not at all if you don't feel comfortable." the younger sighed, dropping his head in his hands and kicking his feet out.

"my life is such a mess, i don't know why you haven't left me yet or why you're even interested in me."

"why wouldn't i be interested in you? you are a very interesting person jiusng. you're beautiful, charming, funny, kind-hearted and an overall wonderful human being. not to mention you have the cutest daughter ever. also scariest." the older mumbled the last part, not expecting jisung to hear it though the younger did and, now a blushing mess by the end of minho's declaration, giggled at the final comment.

"you're too nice . ." jisung complained, not knowing how to respond to all the compliments minho had thrown at him.

"i'm just telling the truth." the ravenette smirked, loving the effect his words had on the blue haired.

jisung whined in protest and minho chuckled at how flustered he was. once his laughter died down jisung spoke.

"that man in the café was my, uh. he's soomin's father." jisung said timidly. minho's mouth formed an 'o' shape as he looked out the window where the rain could be seen relentlessly pouring down without ceasing.

"today he saw me and invited me to coffee and we talked a bit. and now we're here."

"what does he . . want?"

jisung sighed, allowing his head to fall back and hit the headrest lightly. minho panicked, thinking he crossed the line.

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, i-"

"no, no, it's fine. surprisingly, i feel comfortable telling you all my problems. i still can't believe you haven't made a run for the hills though."

"how can i when i like you so much?"

jisung's eyes became wide as saucers as he stared at minho, unable to respond. the older once again panicked over his words, looking at anywhere but jisung.

"i-uh, i know we haven't known each other for long but i've really grown to like you. a lot. and i'd love to get to know you more so i guess what i'm saying is, will you be my boyfriend han jisung?" somehow jisung's eyes widened even more and seemed to almost pop out of his face but he broke into a gummy smile soon after.

"of course i'll be your boyfriend, i like you a lot too. you're quite the romantic you know?" jisung teased and minho groaned, covering his face with his hands in embarrassment. "it's okay though, romance is overrated."

the older looked back at jisung and smiled, face dusted in pink and jisung took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the man beside him. from his bright eyes to his pointed nose to his gorgeous smile. 

'he's stunning, how did i get so lucky?'  jisung thought as his gaze slowly reached minho's lips. he stared for a few seconds longer than usual, courageous enough to admire their dips and curves with the new title of 'boyfriend' he possessed. the blue haired didn't dare to move even an inch though, not until he noticed minho was oh-so-slowly leaning towards him. jisung's eyes darted to minho's own only to see the older's gaze was fixed in jisung's lips as well. once the two were but a centimetre apart they both hesitated, hearts racing at the proximity. 

minho caved in first, gently pressing his lips against jisung's own and a euphoric moment passed between the two as they were enveloped in soft passion and slight light-headedness. their lips embraced each other, expressing feelings neither could properly put into words. as soon as it started the two pulled apart, grinning widely. they stared into each other's eyes for a moment before jisung broke contact, quickly glancing at his phone.

"oh shoot, i still gotta pick up soomin."

❥ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝟙𝟜/𝟙𝟚/𝟚𝟘

oop yaaay posting this one on time lmao🤠 but minsung is a gooOOOOO WHOOOO HOOOOOOO🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

now comes some fluff and all the angst😎

but thank you all for reading, and for 400 reads🥺🥺🥺 i'm really greatful for all y'all taking the time to read my story and for all who vote and save to reading lists,, thank you!! i totally want to personally thank all of you but human interactions are scary so if you read this thank you i see you(that sounds creepy lmao) and just know i'm really really happy each time i see you vote😖😖 

anyhoo have a nice time of day and stay safe! (and stream my pace😌)