14 ~ domestic ardor

"ms. soomin, guess what?"

"what?"

"i said guess silly."

"i'm not silly mr. minho but did you get more lollipops?" soomin looked towards the drivers seat with a hopeful expression.

"sorry, that's not it. well yes i did, but your papa and i are also dating now."

"really?!"

"yup, are you happy?"

"yes, very!" soomin squealed and jumped in her seat as the two adults in the car laughed lightly.

"does that mean you'll live with us mr. minho?"

"no baby, he'll still live in his own house but i'm sure he'll come visit more often now." jisung answered to the slightly bummed out eight year old.

"aw, okay."

"cheer up ms. soomin, if your papa let's me i can stay over tonight and we can watch movies and eat junk food together." minho smiled mischievously, driving in the direction of his own house to pick up sleepover necessities.

"please can he stay papa? please, please, please?"

jisung groaned and rubbed his temples, unable to say no to his adorable daughter.

"fine, but we can't stay up too late, we all have work or school tomorrow."

"yay! mr. minho, can we watch caroline and paranorman and-"

"no! no horror, please."

❥ ✎ ❥

upon arriving at minho's 'house' both jisung and soomin sat shocked at the sight of the building. a fairly large, very mordern work of architectural art sat in front of a large parking lot in which two expensive-looking cars rested. surrounded by plants galore, trees of a variety of shapes and sizes lined the front walkway. small shrubs, bushes and bunches of flowers, both wild and planted, filled the front lawn space. the entire expanse of land looked beautiful and made jisung feel insecure just by admiring it all.

"hey, guys, you wanna come in?"

if jisung and soomin thought the exterior was breathtaking the interior would be mistaken as inside the gates of heaven. everything inside followed a strict gold and white colour palette with the occasional exceptions of brown hues and greens. a large white carpeted, gold rimmed staircase sat in front of the door they entered, spiraling up to the second floor. on either side of it strong, wide pillars held up the upper level and vibrant green vines encircled the historical-looking structure. small gold potted ferns and succulents littered the white tiled floor haphazardly. one plant even lay knocked over, it's dark soil spilled onto the shiny flooring. the only imperfection in the grand entrance room.

"papa?"

"yes baby?"

"i really think mr. minho is a superhero."

jisung laughed. "me too baby, me too."

a quiet purring was heard and the two searched for the source of the sound, eventually spotting a small melon tabby cat with wide curious green eyes and a white nose, belly and paws.

"oh, hey kitty. you must be soonie, right?" the feline purred in response, rubbing their back against soomin whose fingers brushed through their fur.

"alright, i've got everything- oh! i see you've met soonie in person, or should i say in cat?" minho took the stairs two at a time, carrying a stuffed neon green duffel bag and chuckling at his own joke.