23 ~ blahs & blitz

a rush.

everything whizzed by as jisung, minho and soomin speeded as legally fast as they could to the hospital felix had been driven to by changbin. blurry lines of streetlights zig-zagged by, slicing through the darkness of the night inhabiting the city. finally reaching the hospital they entered the building and found their way over to where felix and changbin would be after talking to the receptionist who gave them pitiful smiles at the state they were in. rushing gave little time to change and the trio were still dressed in pyjamas and house coats and the sort, soomin even padded about in her kitty house slippers. upon spotting changbin they learned he was no better, wearing christmas-themed sweatpants with a black sleeveless shirt. changbin's face lit up once he saw the trey speed walk through the hallway and he paused his pacing to greet them.

"hey guys, thanks for coming. felix is in the operation room right now, i'm just waiting until i can go in and then they'll start."

"no problem binnie, how could we not be here for you both? this is not so something we could ever miss." jisung smiled sympathetically, understanding how nervous the older must have been.

""yeah, i should be thanking you guys for letting me come even though i'm more of a stranger than a relative to you two." minho added, smiling sheepishly as he sat in a chair beside soomin and held her hand.

"oh, please. felix would have beat you up if you weren't here, you're way more than a stranger to him you're his brother and he loves you a lot, you know. and you're my friend too so it's really nothing." changbin said and received a grateful smile from minho before going back to pacing, the stress of the situation settling back into his limbs.

"mr. seo? you can come in now, you'll need to dress in the surgical gown, mask gloves and all before you can enter your husband's room though." a nurse called out to the group and said man quickly said his goodbyes to the others and left the baby bag in their care, following the nurse to change.

"are we . . too late?" hyunjin huffed as he, seungmin and hyunsuk dashed into the hallway, out of breath and panting.

"nope, they're just about to start." jisung answered, standing up from his seat beside soomin to embrace the newcomers.

"gosh, isn't this so exciting? finally the baby is coming." seungmin squealed as he hugged jisung, rocking the two back and forth.

"yeah, sure is." jisung managed through the bone crushing hug the younger was giving him.

"this day just keeps getting more and more interesting, huh." minho commented, waving hello to hyunjin and hyunsuk who both waved back politely.

"yeah. oh, did you hear about what happened earlier today?" jisung asked, looking between seungmin and hyunjin before glancing at soomin and hyunsuk.

"do you mean soomin socking that youngdo kid in the face? if so then yes, hyunsuk told us what happened and we were even going to call and ask how you guys were doing but then the changlix baby decided to make an arrival." seungmin answered, lowering his voice so that the children who were playing chopsticks with their fingers wouldn't hear.

"we're fine, i guess you know why it happened then. i'm still so shocked by the whole thing, i mean did you hear what that child said?"

"unfortunately i did, right from the mouth of my seven year old child. i can't believe my baby said that, he didn't even know what it meant he just knew it was something mean." seungmin sighed, and jisung patted his head in sympathy.

"yeah, and i was thinking the interview went well except for the whole thing with changmin being soomin's teacher cause nobody even came up to ask us how old we were or anything. turns out they were just commenting it to themselves." jisung smiled sadly and all the other adults heart's ached at the sight. truly, they were all subject to the rude gossip of those who saw them, especially at the parent-teacher interviews but they also knew how much it bothered the blue haired. while the others remained immune to the harsh comments from people jisung often allowed them to get to him, each word a tiny stab at his heart.