22 ~ button fleck

for as long as minho stayed in the han's apartment he had never been inside soomin's room, the only room secluded from the ravenette. entering the eight year old's room for the first time minho was greeted by the periwinkle walls cluttered with anime and k-pop posters. unlike jisung's room that was an organized mess of laundry, knick knacks, plushies and more books, soomin's room was quite a bit more organized and less mess. her books remained on the shelves lining her walls instead of on the floor, her laundry resided either clean in her closet or the drawers under her bed. they could also be found in her dirty laundry basket but not in-between on book shelves and bedside tables. 

soomin's toys were truly a plushie collection with the occasional doll and some lego, a collection minho contributed to quite often and he could spot the melon cat plushie from the day of their first 'i love you's laying on the eight year old's laid bed along with several other plushies and pillows. many went unnamed as soomin insisted she needed council from her uncle binnie when naming a plushie. 

on the petite ravenette's violet carpet minho sat as soomin styled and braided his hair and the two watched monster house, commenting and joking around together. the pair's bonding time often included watching horror movies of different degrees of terror, even reaching the shining level at which minho learned the two hans were very similar yet more different. different in a sense that while jisung had cried in fright watching the movie soomin didn't flinch at a single jump scare, maintaining her infamous dead pan expression or even laughing at times. knowing this fearlessness didn't come from her papa minho wondered if perhaps her father graced her with the love of this genre.

father. a word that continued to snare the ravenette in worry and self-doubt. could he really be a father to soomin? 'too young' was too absurd a thought to reason with when the girl had been birthed by a sixteen year old. now 'not worthy' or 'not capable' were more 'reasonable' concepts that nipped at minho mind. soomin had a father ready and willing to parent her already, did she even need minho? she'd most likely move on quickly if he left and accept her real father instead of his obtruding self. minho didn't even know the first step to taking care of a child, most of what he did with soomin was trial and error and based on tips from jisung. soomin's true father was a literal elementary school teacher, trained and practiced to care for children. what did minho have against him? 

money couldn't buy love but it was truly that simple and soomin did her darnedest to dissuade the ravenette of the insecurities broadcasted on his face from time to time. soomin loved minho and minho loved soomin, it was as simple as that. such was already established and should have been hard to forget with soomin's constant declarations of affection. birth father or not didn't matter to the eight year old girl so much as who she shared love with and that was minho, not changmin. perhaps one day she'd share a love with the platinum blond but what soomin had with minho would forever be treasured by the petite ravenette. soomin's daddy was minho and she's shout it from the mountain tops if that was what wiped away any uncertainty minho held.

"i love you daddy." soomin knitted her fingers with minhos, hugging him from the back in a warm embraced as she admired her work of braids and twists of sorts on his head adorned by bows and clips.

"i love you too soominie." the ravenette responded instantly, leaning into the eight year old's embrace and shifting his attention away from the clay animation film playing on his phone.

soomin giggled. "uncle lixie already calls me that, and uncle innie too sometimes."

"oh, come on!"

❥ ✎ ❥

"lix, i'm just so confused. what should i do? i want to do what's best for soomin but i just don't know what that is anymore. i've been thinking and overthinking about this so much." jisung called his best friend for advice on next steps with his and soomin's relation to changmin. the blue haired already had similar conversations with minho and while they came to the conclusion of giving changmin a chance now that soomin was on board with the idea of shared custody and they had confidence in soomin's grandpapa as he liked to be called. nevertheless, jisung still wanted felix's council and opinion on the matter.