24 ~ dainty puffs

a beautiful tiny baby boy with his papa's sharp, heart shaped lips being his only feature currently belonging to either parent laid in his papa's arms, swaddled in pink blankets and sleeping peacefully. oblivious was he of the others in the room huddled around his papa's hospital bed, cooing over him and praising his exhausted parents.

"welcome to the world youngjin marshall seo-lee." felix slowly rocked the tiny bundled boy and smiled down at him with tired eyes.

"marshall huh, i don't think that was on the list." changbin mumbled, reaching out to brush his fingers across his son's cheek.

"inspiration hit while i was being cut open and i am not taking objections. get the documents quick so there's no going back." everyone laughed quietly so as not to wake up youngjin.

"do you know when you guys can go back home yet?"

"doctor said tomorrow morning so we're staying overnight. you all are free to leave anytime though, we don't want to keep you hostage." changbin answered, moving his hand to rub felix's shoulder comfortingly.

"well, we hate to go so soon but it's past this little guy's bedtime." hyunjin patted hyunsuk's head, messing up the petite brunette's hair who huffed in indignation. "so we'll be on our way. but we can come visit tomorrow evening if you'd like."

"oh, anytime's fine as long as it's not a bother to you guys. i'll just be resting all day so i may not be much fun anyways."

seungmin smiled softly. "i totally get it. you should take all the rest you can get, we can always hangout some other time when you're all powered up ."

"thanks seungmin, i'll call you or hyunjin when i feel less like a deflated baloon."

at this the brunette laughed. "sure thing. and call me min, we are friends after all."

"alright then min, call me lix."

"okay lix, we're gonna head out now. thanks for inviting us and we wish a speedy recovery to you!"

"no problem and thanks min, see you guys soon!"

after hyunjin, seungmin and hyunsuk left changbin took youngjin into his own arms and swayed  the boy from side to side gently.

"lix, if you don't mind, why is youngjin so early?" jisung asked, leaning forward on the chair he sat on and resting his chin on a sleeping soomin's shoulder.

felix rubbed his temples and sighed deeply. "we really don't know. the doctors are trying to figure that out right now and haven't gotten back to us yet. i just hope everything's alright with him, i don't know what we'd do if there was something horribly wrong."

"i'm sure everything'll be fine, many babies are born early and have nothing wrong with them. maybe this'll just mean youngjin's a fast learner."minho tried to say optimistically, twiddling with soomin's hair.

"maybe. i just hope our baby's okay." felix kissed youngjin's head lightly and everyone nodded sympathetically, hoping for the best.

"yeah, but now that you're no longer pregnant we need to have a seafood and soju night lix."

❥ ✎ ❥ 

physical trauma. a premature birth because of physical trauma in the birth giver was what the doctors said. youngjin also underwent testing to determine the side effects of this early birth which involved his extra small stature and non-severe breathing problems. no one was as devastated at the news as felix who felt solely responsible for whatever maldevelopment his son may experience.