12 ~ regress & propane

if one were to ask jisung he'd say it had been a fine day. keywords, had been. jisung only needed one cup of coffee to raise his spirits that monday morning, an all time record as far as the blue haired could remember, and work was somehow less stressful than normal. jisung also spent his lunch break with minho, chatting in a starbucks whose crowd hadn't even bothered him that day. all was swell until jisung ended work and minho texted him to say he was unable to drive jisung and soomin home as he usually did.

no problem, jisung was more than used to taking public transportation to soomin's school and home. the blue haired stepped out of the bus he had taken to reach the building of education his daughter attended when a voice called out to jisung and flushed any previous joy in his mood down the drain.

"han jisung, is that you?"

jisung whipped his head around towards the one who called his name and immediately froze. when his mind registered the identity of the platinum blond man who stood leaning against a car jisung assumed the man owned.

it was him.

the blond strode up to the blue haired who snapped out of his daze and frantically looked around, as if seeking out an escape route. unfortunately for jisung, the man caught up to him before he could make a run for it.

"hey, jisung. how's it going?"

"what do you want."

"whoa, whoa. what's with the hostile attitude? you know what, don't answer that. dumb question." the man looked down at the gravel of the sidewalk they stood on sheepishly, then  looked up again quickly. "i was just walking to my car from work and thought i saw you passing by and had to make sure it was you. i wasn't stalking you or anything. but now that we're here how about we catch up, grab some coffee or something?"

"as much as i'd hate to go with you, i need to go do something much more important than hanging around with the likes of you so if you don't mind, which i don't care if you do, i'll be leaving." jisung just about turned away from the man and took a step towards to intersection leading to soomin's school when the older blond called out.

"are you picking up soomin from school? if so you-"

"hold on, how do you know her name?" jisung turned back around, the blue haired could have sworn he never mentioned it to the older, and yet this wasn't the first time the blond had said the girl's name.

the man's eyes widened. "oh, uh, you mentioned it once when you were ranting about not wanting me to see her, yeah." the older replied with an awkward chuckle.

jisung nodded. he did tend to let things slip and become careless with his words when he got heated. but jisung was positive he had never told the older soomin's name and his suspiciousness towards the man in front of him only doubled. however, jisung decided not to press further for now.

"but speaking of, i completely understand that you hate me and don't want anything to do with me but i really am sorry for being such a dickhead and abandoning you. i don't know what it'll take to gain your forgiveness but i'm willing to do it, whatever it is."

jisung just stared as the blond continued to plead with his eyes and sighed in frustration. the blue haired pulled out his phone to text seungmin to pick up soomin with hyunsuk as he finally answered.

"let's get coffee."

❥ ✎ ❥

the awkward pair walked into the same café at which jisung and minho were regulars and the blue haired smiled softly at the memories attached there, though he quickly fixed his expression so the man accompanying him wouldn't notice. unfortunately for jisung, it seemed many successive unfortunate events occurred when with the platinum bold, the man did in fact notice and noted the younger's liking for the quaint little café with a small smile of his own.