an odd day it had been and jisung was more than happy to give soonie, doongie and dori back rubs and cuddle minho to sleep, leaving all worries to after the next sunrise. too soon for the blue haired's liking the morning star cut through the dark veil of night, bringing with it the new day dawning. weekday morning routines went as usual in the han home, jisung and soomin showering and getting ready first in their respective bathroom followed by minho in jisung's bathroom, eating a quick breakfast of whatever was first available, cereal this time, and rushing out of the apartment complex to where minho would drive soomin to school, then himself and jisung to work.

one thing jisung completely misconceived was the hype around a ceo. when he had excepted minho to be something of a celebrity among the streets it seemed he was only recognized in the corporate environment, specifically the books and publishing field. no one stared as the ravenette walked by, no one whispered of him when he'd enter a building lest it was his own company's. to be fair, they never had before when jisung went on outings with the older but the blue haired had still anticipated some grand reaction from the people who passed minho by like in those cliché drama or romance novels he no-longer-hated-but-still-disliked. truly, it wasn't like jisung even knew minho was a ceo in the first place and the only big bosses he recognized were the famous billionaires and the one of the publishing firm he worked at.

minho began living in the han apartment full-time upon a silent agreement with jisung and soomin after the parent-teacher interview day. soonie, doongie and dori also stayed and minho only visited his house occasionally to pick up anything there that he or the felines needed. the two ravenette's bond became quite strong as they spent time together and jisung could tell both were loving their father-daughter relationship. minho seemed to connect with the eight year old deeply and understood her better then even jisung at times. though by better it really meant he could tell when she wanted something faster than jisung some times. and while jisung would scold minho for indulging in these desires, telling him not to spoil soomin and she herself would insist she had no need for the jumbo lollipops, plushies and nancy drew novels she would admire at stores minho continuously offered to buy them for her nonetheless.

now this was something jisung could and would complain about. not so much minho gifting soomin the girl's small desires but the older spending money on them. jisung knew ceo paychecks were no joke and felt almost . . insecure standing his income beside minho's. the blue haired didn't necessarily compare them, for he knew he shouldn't and no good would come out of that, but jisung felt the need to prove that he was financially stable and that he didn't want to use minho for money. of course, minho never once considered that jisung would do such a thing, they became close before the younger even knew of minho's job position. yet jisung still persisted in his attempts to limit the ravenette's financial aid for him and soomin, a more stubborn and prideful decision than jisung realized it to be. 

minho, on the other hand, recognized jisung's intentions as well as what they translated to be and approached this struggle the pair faced much differently than their last. with romance minho allowed jisung to take his time to open up and take his growth into his own hands. now alternatively, minho gave jisung many little pushes in hopes of the blue haired opening up even more, one of these being buying all of soomin's could wish for and more. 

minho didn't mean to be superficial in his love but knew that just as when a love is laced in obsession with taking money was unhealthy, so is a love with an obsession of suppressing money. when minho challenged that jisung open up to him financially it didn't mean minho wanted his money or jisung wanted his minho's, what minho wanted was jisung's heart to be open with him and from the way jisung acted it seemed finances was one of the walls that blocked minho from reaching it. this was a conflict that would take time to overcome and minho was more than ready to wait through. he was a patient man after all.

yet as minho and jisung battled through this it seemed soomin was going through a struggle of her own. the week of parent-teacher interviews continued and as she waited until saturday for when she'd discuss living with her father part-time soomin was met with many awkward encounters with mr. park. he'd still offer her compliments and candy, which she'd so graciously accept, but now she'd meet his stares more often as she herself took time to examine the man that was her birth father. unsurprisingly, he looked like her. it seemed the only features her papa passed on to her were her squirrel-like cheeks and heart smile, the rest belonging to mr. park. his sharp eyes like uncle jinnie's and nose like her new daddy's she'd so often pretend and wish was actually graced to her by the ravenette.

hyunsuk noted his best friend's odd behaviour and, upon learning of soomin's situation, sympathized with the older. soomin appreciated hyunsuk's acts of encouragement for her as the quiet boy offered her hugs and a hand to hold. 

unfortunately, the students of their school were unforgiving in their targeting and taunting and took the constant skinship between the two as a chance to make them miserable. not the first time the pair had been picked on, they weren't the most popularly liked in class, but never had it been as intense as these couple of days. all this none of the adults were aware of, not even changmin or jeongin who supervised the students, and no one saw the way soomin snapped coming.

jisung was scanning through an email he needed to send to an author to update them on the editing progress of their novela when he recieved a text from jeongin.

babie innie

'if you already got the message from the school by the time you read this, go easy on soomin. she had a good reason for what she did.'

'good reason? what happened? what'd she do?' jisung thought as he checked his missed calls and listened to the message he missed from soomin's school.

"good afternoon mr. han. i'm mr. park, the principal of soomin's school, and am calling you now to tell you that soomin was involved in a fight not long ago and injured another student. please come by the school for a meeting with soomin, the child soomin injured and the parents of said child at two pm today. thank you."

❥ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝟚𝟟/𝟙𝟚/𝟚𝟘

wow um haha more angst😃 omg its like the emoji is naked without the cowboy hat,, holy cow

anyhoo alas the plot begins we are just getting startedd peopleeeee lets do thissss😎

as always, thank you for reading, have a nice day, stay safe and um yeah,, are we still streaming the year has ended by the time i post this chap right? oop happy new year then?🥳🥳(lol not yet but happy new years🥳🥳🥳🥳)