Chapter 15: Worried

Tens POV...

“Why in the hell haven't you been answering your phone?” I roared into the phone as soon as I heard Brianna's voice echo through the receiver.

“Dammit, Zander if I knew that you were going to start yelling at me as soon as I do decide to call you back I wouldn't have bothered to call.” She snaps back in an angry tone.

“I'm so sorry Brianna.” I calmly apologize on the phone.

“That's a better tone to have when talking to me after the rough day I've just had.” she retorts.

“Where are you?” I questioned her while noting that my friends were staring at me.

“I'm At my new apartment.” She nonchalantly responds.

“And where is that at?” I asked while rubbing my temple and walking into my room. I didn't like my friends hearing the conversation that I was having with Brianna.

“Why? Are you planning on bringing me a house-warming gift?” She inquiries in her usual snappy come back.

“If that is what I have to do to see if you are okay with my own two eyes then yes.”

“Well, in that case, I'm at Cedar Ridge on Clover Avenue, and I'm in apartment 322.” She says before hanging up the phone.

“Guys I'm heading out for a bit,” I say to Xiaojun, Hendery, Yangyang when I walk back into the living room. I didn't have time to wonder about the whereabouts of Lucas, Kun, and Winwin because my mind and thoughts were on Brianna and her safety. 

“We already knew that you would be going to see Brianna when you found out where she was. Hell, I'm surprised that you didn't go out looking for her before now.” Yangyang replies while I was grabbing my phone and keys off the coffee table.

“Just don't do anything we won't be doing!” Hendery states and begins to laugh while fist-bumping Xiaojun.

I strolled to my car feeling a little happier than what I was before Brianna called me. I was so damn happy to hear her sweet voice that I was damn near skipping to my car with a Kool-Aid smile on my face. I didn't need to program the address that she had given to me because I knew exactly where Cedar Ridge Apartment was located. It was only a few blocks from mine.

Stopping by Walmart I picked up a few things that I figured that she may need for her new apartment. I grabbed a forty-inch flat screen smart TV, a sterling silver pot set, and a twelve-piece dinnerware set. I then walked over to the spectacular flower section and picked up a bouquet of her favorite flowers: purple and pink lilies.

A half of an hour later I was pulling up to the gated community. Her apartment complex security was something similar to mines. I had to press a button to buzz up to Brianna's apartment before the gate was opened. I took the elevator up to the fourth floor with the pot set in one hand and the lilies in the other. 

Sticking the lilies in the crook of my left elbow I then ring the doorbell. Seconds later I could hear her on the other side of the door as she fumbled around with the latch. My heart damn near stopped when I feasted my eyes upon her, standing in the doorway wearing shorts that stopped just below her ass cheeks and a midriff purple halter top with the word flawless written in lime green letters across her breasts.

Immediately after my hungry lust and the initial shock of seeing her dressed this way began to subside an intense anger surface. I was pissed at the fact that someone else or should I say some dude could have seen what I've just seen if they were standing in the hallway behind me.