Chapter 23: School Project

~Ten~

"Brianna, what have you done?" I asked her after seeing Xiaojun holding on to her hand and dragging her along behind her as he approached Yangyang and me.

"Why do you automatically assume that I've done something?" She countered with a shitty smirk on her face.

"She almost got her ass in trouble if I hadn't stopped her from causing Charlotte serious injury." Xiaojun angrily spat.

"Brianna, you promised me that you wouldn't lay your hands on Charlotte."

"And I'm going to tell you like I told Xiaojun when he chose to remind me of that stupid ass promise. I didn't lay my hands on her, however, my foot, purse, and whatever else I got my hands on did, though. So, technically, I kept my promise to you." She snidely responds.

"Woman, what am I going to do with you?" I asked while chuckling.

"Just love me, baby," Brianna replies with a flirtatious wink, then links her arm with mine.

"Ugh, you two need to get a room," Lucas exclaimed while rolling his eyes at Brianna and me.

"Trust me, we would if we didn't have to be in Professor Roberts's class at the moment." Brianna retorts.

"TMI Brie," Kun tells her, then begins to follow behind the rest of our friends.

"Thank you, Xiaojun for keeping her out of trouble," I called out to his retreating back.

"That's what friends are for." He replied without even turning around.

~Five minutes later in Professor Roberts class~

"So, how did things go with you and Winwin?" Brianna asked me as soon as we were seated in our seats.

"Not good," I answered.

"Did he at least let you explain what happened?" She then asked.

"I guess you can say that." I sadly responded. "I believe he thinks that I betrayed his trust and our friendship because I didn't tell him about my suspicion of Charlotte wanting to be with me."

"Zander, I told you to tell him about that a while ago."

"I know babe, and now I regret not taking your advice. I guess I was hoping that our assumption was wrong. Dammit, Brianna, how am I going to fix things between Winwin and…" I was asking her when Professor Roberts walked into the classroom.

"We'll talk about this after class." She whispered then blew me an air kiss.

"Hello everyone, I hope that you all have completed your project because today is judging day." Professor Roberts announces to the class while standing in front of a huge blackboard.

Everyone except Brianna and I groaned out loud. One by one, each group turned in their project. Everyone did an outstanding job on their project, but I must admit that it looked like they didn't put in as much thought or work in their project like Brianna and I did.

"Mr. Wong and Mrs. Taylor, I had my doubts about you two working together in a civilized manner. I'm very pleased to see that you two worked your difference out and produced a spectacular piece of art. Your portraits of each showcase a great balance between each other. They fit together perfectly.

"Thank you, Sir." Brianna and I say in unison.

"Mr. Wong, I especially love how you portrayed Ms. Taylor sitting on a school desk under the big oak tree in front of the school. You captured her looking poised and elegant while at the same time showing anger perfectly." He tells me with awe in his voice.

"And Ms. Taylor, I'm extremely impressed with your skill in getting this stubborn fella to work with you when he had refused to do so with anyone else." He turns to Brianna and tells her.

"Oh, trust me when I say working with him hasn't been all rainbows and unicorns." She says while winking at me.

"I can imagine. Your rendition of Mr. Wong is magnificent. It compliments his portrayal of you. The work that you two have done looks like a masterpiece that was done by the hands of one person instead of two. I love the vision that these two portraits portray when placed beside each other. Having Mr. Wong standing up with his back towards your back and his shirt half unbuttoned makes It looks like you guys are having a lovers quarrel. Even the color scheme of the two drawings was done to perfection. Mr. Wong and Ms. Taylor, you guys did a spectacular job in getting me to feel and see in your artwork." Professor Roberts finishes his assessment of our work with astonishment on his face.

"Professor Roberts, didn't you say that you were going to hang their picture downstairs in the big glass case at the front entrance of the school?" Skylar asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"I was only joking at the time, but now that I see how well they have worked together and how great their portrait has turned out, I think that is a marvelous idea, Skyler." Professor Robert replied. "What do you guys think?" He then raised the question to the whole class.

"Yes, do it." They all chanted over and over again.

"Well, it's settled then." Professor Robert says, then picks up both Brianna and my drawing and walks out of the classroom.

"It looks like I need to prepare myself for another fight," Brianna tells me, then begins to crack her knuckles.

"Not if I have anything to say about it." I replied then said, "Brianna, I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay...this sounds serious." She nervously utters now giving me her full attention.

"This weekend my brother is having a family gathering, and I was wondering would you like to come with me?" I asked her while caressing her hand softly.

"Babe I would love to, but my mom is having a hard time coping with cadence death. So, my sisters and I are planning on spending this weekend with her. I'm so sorry," She replied in a sorrowful tone of voice.

"Brianna, There's nothing for you to feel bad about. Your mom needs you the most right now.

"But Zander, you wanted me to meet your family."

"Sweetheart, you can meet my family another time. I will not hold this against you because I care too much about you. So baby, please don't worry about this. I just want you to focus on spending time with your family."

"Alright, I'll try. What time do you leave to head home to see your family?" She mumbled.

"At 9 a.m." I replied.

"Well, can you at least spend the night with me then?" She asked.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, babe," I whisper into her mouth.

"Aww, you two are such a beautiful couple," Skyler says as we were exiting the school holding hands.

Please vote and comment on what you think about this chapter!!!

JJNiles...