Chapter 11: Cooling Off Period

Ten's POV… Friday

“Zander, why do you keep stalling whenever it comes to you telling me about what happened Sunday?” Brianna asked me as soon as we got into my car.

“I'm not stalling. I'll tell you once we get on the road.” I reply as I back out of my designated parking spot.

“Now that we're on the road, spill the beans,” Brianna says with her arms folded across her chest while staring intently at me.

After taking several deep breaths and preparing myself for the angry outburst I was sure to come out of Brianna's mouth I finally blurted out, “your best friend, boyfriend was touching you in places that he shouldn't have while she and two other ladies stood there watching.

“Are you telling me the friend that I've known since junior high school stood there watching her perverted ass boyfriend groping all over me and didn't say a mother fucking thing about it?” Brianna asked in a calmer voice than I expected. She was so calm that it was scary.

“That's correct,” I responded feeling like maybe I was blowing things out of proportion until I saw her balling her fist up into a tight knot then closed her eyes and began to count backward from ten.

“Turn this fucking car around right now!” She exploded while glaring at me. Now, this was the Brianna I've come accustomed to seeing when she's very upset.

“No! You promised me that you would go to my performance right after I told you what happened.” I reminded her.

“Dammit, Ten, you knew that I was going to be mad when you had me to make that fucking promise to you.”  She roared while staring angrily at the left side of my face. “Did anyone... try to stop him?”

“I stopped him and then helped you to get to your room safely,” I responded.

“Thank you for not leaving me when my so-called best friend was not looking out for me or my safety. “ Brianna says then looks straight ahead.

“You're welcome,” I utter as I gaze over at her from time to time.

“Now I understand why you invited me to come see your performance tonight at Rocco's. You're trying to keep me from giving a few people the beat down that they rightfully deserve,” Brianna states while peering over at me.

“No, I'm doing it because you're my partner for the next three weeks and this project is very important.” I joked trying my best to lighten her mood.

“Oh, I see I'm only being shown your generosity because you're afraid that if I go to jail that you'll fail Professor Robert's class,” Brianna says in a fit of laughter. She abruptly stopped laughing when I pulled into my apartment building complex and asked, “Zander why are we here?”

“I hope that you didn't think that I was going to perform in a club filled with beautiful women dressed like this and smelling funky,” I responded then got out of the car.

“You look fine and you don't smell funky at all.” She says after getting out of the car.

“I have to look my very best so that I can draw all the women's attention on me,” I utter with a smile on my face.

“Well shouldn't I look my best just in case I meet a handsome man at Rocco's tonight?” She asked after walking around to where I was.

“Trust me you already like beautiful,” I replied after looking at her from head to toe. We both walked into the building laughing and joking around. Even though I knew that she was smiling I could tell that she was highly ticked off by the way her facial expressions would change when she thought I wasn't looking.