Chapter 8: Hopping Mad

Brie's POV

“Good job Brie!" I berate myself as I put my things down by the door in the dance hall studio. I sat in the middle of the room and began to do a few stretches before walking over to the CD player in the corner. After putting in Khalid CD I pressed play on "Love Lies,” my favorite song by him. I closed my eyes and listened to the sensual lyrics of the song then began to dance to the tune of the music. By the time the song had finished playing my mood had lifted quite a bit, that is until I saw Zander leaning up against the door staring at me.

“I see that you love staring at me,” I speak over the next song while walking over to the CD player to turn it off.

“Do you have a problem with me looking at a rare and alluring woman who doesn't take any bullshit from anyone?” Zander asked, making me blush.

“Is number ten your stage name or your nickname?” I inquired after not knowing how to respond to his question.

“It's just Ten and it's both my stage and nickname.” He says after coming fully into the room.

“Are you ready?” I asked when I was done picking up my drawing supplies off the floor.

“Ready for what?” He questioned me with confusion etched on his face.

“To begin on our art project, dummy!” I state rolling my eyes at him.

“Oh, you're talking about that. Yeah, I'm ready.” Zander responds followed by an embarrassed chuckle and turning slightly red in the face.

“Well, come on then,” I say while walking a few steps ahead of him down the corridor of the long hallway. While walking, I wanted to turn around and ask him what he thought I was talking about but chose not to.

“Brianna, can I ask you something?" He then says when he catches up with me.

“Sure!” I replied looking over at him then straight ahead.

“Why are you friends with I think her name is Payton?” He inquired looking intently at the right side of my face.

“Zander, Payton was the only female that wanted to hang with me during my first year at Davison Junior High School. I know that it takes a lot to get used to her snarky and snide comment, but she's cool once you get to know her.  She wasn't half as bad as she is now before she met “Blaze” her boyfriend.” I answer his question as we approached our destination.

“Do you have a problem with my friend?” I probed as I abruptly turned to face him at the threshold of the door.

“Yes, and you should too after what happened Sunday night!” Ten states walking past me into the room.

“Did something else happened besides what we've already discussed?” I nervously questioned him after coming fully into the empty room.

“Umm... Just forget that I even brought it up.” He simply replies, then began to unpack his drawing supplies.

“Zander, I need to know what happened!” I yelled slamming my hand down onto the desk in front of him.

“Maybe I was just reading too much into the situation and I don't want to cause problems between the two of you.” He nonchalantly responds. I watched him walk to the front of the room and closed the door when he sees a few people began to peek their heads into the room staring at the two of us.

“You just can't make just a statement like that and not explain what you mean by it,” I told him outraged.

“I told you that maybe I'm making something out of nothing Brianna.” He replies walking past me.

“Nah, you saw something that you're not telling me. I hope that you don't think that I'm going to let this go? I angrily reply while taking out my supplies.

“I wouldn't even dream of it.” He counters. “Do you want to start first?" He then pressed forward.

“You go first, I'm too upset to draw,” I answer. I was trying hard to remember what happened after we left Rocco's. All I could remember was me sexually assaulting a stranger at the time and getting into his vehicle dead drunk. The longer I sat there trying to recall what happened the angrier I was becoming and it showed. “Ten, what the fuck happened?” I spat pounding my fist on the desk.

“Nothing. Now sit still Brianna!” He commands while drawing on a 5×5 poster board with the back of it facing me.

“How in the hell do you expect me to be able to sit still after making me work myself up into a frenzy from your worrisome statement?” I snap at him.

“I don't know but you have to at least try because I'm trying to do a rough sketch of you right now,” Zander states in a calm voice. “Unless you don't mind looking like an angry, crazy, person.” He adds peering around the poster board with a smirk on his face. After hearing him say that with way too much enjoyment in his voice I sat on top of the desk seething mad for the next four hours.

“Are you done yet?” I asked somewhat calmer than I was an hour ago.

“Why? Is there somewhere you need to be?” Zander probes while still drawing on the poster board.

“I have to be at work at Poco's in about an hour and a half,” I respond.

“Ohh, okay.” He replies now, finally taking the time to look at me when I talk to him. Hopping down off the desk I began to walk around to look at his drawing of me, but he stopped me by standing in front of it. “You'll see it when I'm finished.” He says staring down at me.

“How are we going to work on this project and get it done in less than three weeks?” I questioned him while packing back up my things.

“I guess for one or two hours each day we meet up this week for me to work on my drawing of you and next week we do the same thing for your drawing of me.” Zander proposed.

“Sounds good to me,” I responded, turning around to face him. “Good luck with your performance and with I'm not her man,” I state pointing at the door behind him at a hopping mad tramp glaring at the two of us. With her was the bitch I wanted to beat into a pulp. I strolled past the both of them hoping like hell that they would say something to me just to give me a reason to beat their frumpy asses. They just glared at me without uttering a damn word.

“I'll see you tomorrow Brianna!” Zander called out as I walked out of the room.

Ten POV...

“Ten, are you trying to piss me the hell off!” Mei roared.

“Maybe the both of us should have beat that slutty bitch ass,” Charlotte says.

“Aren't you tired of toting a sore ass?” I retort walking out of the room leaving them standing there.

Please vote and comment on what you think about it.