Chapter 1: Payton's Birthday

To all my lovely readers this is just a sample of the new story called "The Bad Boy Crush" that im working on. I probably won't update it for a while. Well not until im done writing My Family, My Life, and Marriage Of Convenience. When I have done writing those two books I should also be done with this one or close to it. I most likely will post all of its chapters all at once. Please keep in mind that this is a new writing genre for me. Please vote and comment on what you think about it. A little side note "the name of schools, restaurants, and any other place that sounds weird is purely made up from my imagination!!!

Brie's POV... New York City a.k.a "The Big Apple"

"Wake up Brie!" My best friend and roommate Payton Farley yelled, snatching the curtains open letting in the bright sunlight.

"Why?" I don't have any classes today or have to go to work," I murmured, jerking the covers up over my head.

"Get your ass out of this bed!" She yelled while snatching the covers off me. "You promised me that you would go shopping with me for my birthday." She adds with her hands on her hips.

"Okay!" I grumbled. After the long and stressful week that I've just endured I regret making her this promise. All I wanted to do was stay curled up in my warm, comfy bed, and sleep. Taking classes during the day and working way into the night at Poco's Diner was becoming a bit too hectic for me. "What would you have done if I hadn't chosen to attend Alden University?" I asked, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and wiping the crude from my eyes with the back of my left hand.

"Then I would have followed you to Vanderson University." Payton retorted with a smirk on her face.

"So what you're saying is, either way, I would have been stuck with your ass anyway, huh?" I questioned heading into the small bathroom.

"Yes." Payton simply replies. "Oh by the way Brie, you only have fifteen minutes to get ready." She shouts through the closed bathroom door.

"Dammit, Payton you know that it takes me longer than that to get ready! Doing my hair alone takes about forty-five minutes to an hour. How do you expect me to be done with everything within fifteen minutes?" I grumbled cracking the door halfway open.

"You better make a miracle happen in those fifteen minutes because Blaze is on his way to pick us up as we speak." She flippantly says then heads back out of my room. Just the mention of his name pissed me off. Why you ask? Because he is a womanizing, self-centered jerk. I agreed to go on this long and hectic shopping spree with Payton because I thought it was just going be the two of us hanging out together. Ever since Blaze and Payton started dating he's accompanied us everywhere. I do believe that if he could follow us into the women's bathroom he would.

I looked at my appearance in the mirror after taking a quick five-minute shower. I cringed inwardly after seeing the huge, dark circled bags that has formed around both my eyes due to the lack of sleep I've been getting.

"Brie, you only have ten minutes left," Payton says from the other side of the door.

"Get out of my room!" I shout at her. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail after not having much time to do anything else to it. While dabbing strawberry-scented lip gloss on my lips I strolled over to my closet pulling out a pair of black ripped jeans off the hanger and black pumps off the top shelf. Rummaging through my top drawer I grabbed my black and white shirt with the word off written on the front of it along with a white panty and bra set. I wasn't at all satisfied with my appearance but it would have to do for now due to a nagging Payton pounding her fist on my bedroom door like a crazy person.