Chapter 27: Meeting My Family

Zander's POV…

“Wake up Brianna, we have to get dressed and packed so that we can head out to the airport with my friends,” I called as I slipped from underneath the lightweight yellow and black comforter.

“Can't we just lay here and rest for a little while longer, babe?” She grumbled while burrowing further under the covers.

“Not today, honey,” I say, pulling the covers off her. I can guarantee you that we weren't going to be doing much resting at all if I had given in to her request. I walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom across the hall after standing there staring at Brianna's thick, luscious thighs a few seconds too long. The thought of being inside her stayed with me while I took a shower and brushed my teeth. “Brianna, I need to head to my apartment to pick up a few things. I'll be back to pick you up within an hour.” I called out from the other side of the bathroom door.

“Alright, Zander.” I barely hear her say over the running water.

“Good morning Zander?” Leila, Brianna's new next-door neighbor, says to me just as I walked out of the apartment.” She had just moved into the apartment next door, maybe two weeks ago. Leila seemed somewhat weird to me. Something about her was very off-putting. She would always come out of the apartment at the same time as Brianna and me. Sporadically, she would even show up to places that Brianna, my friends, and I would frequent. I voiced my concerns to my friends, but they thought that I was being paranoid or overprotective of the people who were trying too hard to get close to Brianna. 

“Hello, Leila,” I replied after making sure that the apartment door is locked and fully closed behind me.

“How is Brianna doing this morning?” She asked as she walked up close to me.

“Why do you ask?” I know that me responding to her like that seemed rude but like I said before something about this chic seemed unsettling and was ringing several warning bells in my head.

“I just wanted to see how my new friend was doing since I haven't seen or talked to her in a couple of days, Zander.”

“She's doing fine. I'm about to head out and pick her up now.” I lied, then proceeded to walk over to the elevator with Leila following close behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks heading towards the elevator when I heard Leila ask, “If she's not in her apartment, then why did you spend the whole night here?”.

“Who said that I stayed the whole night here, Leila?”  I asked after turning around to face her.

“I just assumed that you did, since you're leaving her apartment at 5:30 in the morning.” She replied while looking down at her watch then back up at me with a smile on her face.

“Leila, I have to get going.” I tried to force out in as calm of a voice as I could. I didn't want to let her know that I didn't trust her, not even a little bit.

“Zander, weren't you heading out?” Leila asked when I began to walk back towards Brianna's apartment. Ignoring her question, I continued to the apartment. I didn't feel comfortable leaving Brianna alone in her apartment anymore. Something about our entire conversation just didn't feel right to me. Leila has always asked my friends and me some crazy ass question, but generally, they centered around us. Like when and where will we be performing next? Asking them who they are dating or what type of girls they are interested in? In all of those conversations was she ever concerned about where Brianna was and what she was doing.

“Tell my friend that I'll be seeing her soon.” She called out just as I closed the apartment door.

Brianna was packing clothes into her SpongeBob luggage tote when I walked into the bedroom. “I thought that you said that you needed to head to your apartment to get something.” She says after turning to face me.

“I did, but I thought that it was better if we headed over there together, honey.”

“Did Leila freak you out again with her twenty-one questions?” She asked me while continuing to stuff her clothes into the tote.

“Yes,” I answered honestly, then sat on the edge of the bed. “I don't trust her bung around you alone, Brianna.”

“I think that She likes bothering you and has a crush on you, Zander.”

“Well, she can stop barking up the wrong tree. I already have the perfect woman for me.” I replied.

“Good answer, Mr. Wong, and I'm almost ready,” Brianna says after walking into her closet and grabbing her black and purple Nike. 

Time Skip…

“Lucas, are you guys all set to go?” I asked when I saw them sitting around the breakfast table eating Fruit Loop with marshmallow cereal. They just nodded their head and continued to stuff their mouth with cereal. “While I grab my things, you can get a bite to eat, Brianna,” I told her before walking out of the kitchen. Luckily, for me, I had packed most of my things a few days ago. I just needed to grab the extra hygiene bag that was filled with my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair care products, electric razor, shaving crème, and Marc Jacobs cologne out of the bathroom. My cellphone ranged just as I walked back into the kitchen carrying my luggage bag in my hand. “Good morning, Luna,” I spoke into the phone after looking at the caller ID.

“Good morning, Mr. Meanie number two.”

“Why are you calling to hassle me so early in the morning, Luna?” I asked, sitting on the stool beside Brianna.

“Are you bringing your girlfriend home with you today, Zander?”

“Are you going to hassle Brianna the same way you do me if she does decide to come with me?” I asked instead of answering her question.

“I would never do that to a potential new member of the family. I only do that to you, your friends, and Alesana.”  She snidely replied. “Now, are you bringing her or not?” 

“You can ask her for yourself if she's coming or not.” I blurted out, then passed Brianna the phone.

“Who is it, Zander?” She asked with her hand covering the mouthpiece.

“Judging by the way he was just talking to her, I'm guessing that it's his annoying little sister, Luna,” Lucas said before I could answer.

“Hello,” Brianna speaks into the phone while carrying her bowl over to the sink. “Yes, I'll be there.” She then says as she washes the bowl and places it in the dish rack.  “I Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the family too, Luna.” She finishes, then passes me the phone back.

“Are you satisfied now, Luna?” 

“Yeah. Oh, by the way, Grams said that you better bring her a present with you or else you're gonna be in big trouble.” She states, then hangs up the phone.

“Everyone, it's time for us to be on our way to the airport,” Xiaojun says as soon as I get off the phone.

“Brie, are you ready to meet your crazy future in-laws?” Kun asked while grabbing his bag by the front door.

“Yeah, I'm ready. I'm certain that they can't be as bad as my family,” she replied after grabbing a hold of my hand.

“We'll see if you still feel the same way when you meet his parents,” Yangyang says to her as we all walk out of the apartment and over to the elevator.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry about the long wait on this story. There was something that needed to happen in When Order Meets Chaos before I could continue with this story. Like always please vote, comment, and share with your family and friends.

JJNiles…