They sat in deafening silence, both throats screaming and swollen. Jason let a tear escape from the jail of his eyes. His ears rung, an eternity of pain inside. He heard his brother's pained breaths.

"W-where were you shot?" Jason spoke, and Tim moaned as he rolled over to show Jason the pouring blood from his wounds.

Jason cursed, pained. His brother had been shot in the left shoulder and leg. Jason had only been shot in the shoulder. His brothers attempt for breath became the only sound in the room. Tim was left bleeding out, broken, tortured and spirt crushed into shattered pieces all over the decayed and dusty floor of the cell.

Jason ignored the sounds of gun shots outside, ringing through his ears through the seemingly still, cold air. He envied the people outside, though they were worthless thugs, toys for the mob boss to play with, puppets, their strings always pulling pulled. He envied them, because, they could still breathe. While he and Tim were heaving through corrupted, destroyed lungs.

The only source of light was a dim, small window in the hilt of the ceiling, slightly glistening onto Tim's slashed cheek, blood running down, as if trying to escape his beaten face. His broken face, tear stained and gasping for life, made Jason wonder what he looked like too. Tim had experienced the brawn of the situation, but Jason was already mentally scarred with this.

He let the tears flow, let the tears wash away the memories from the past. The suffering. The pain.

He heard Tim sniffle too, ending up blending into the sound of deep pants.

"I- don't kn-know how long I'll la-last Jay" he breathed out.

Jason's breath hitched. No, he has to survive. He can't give up He can't d-

"Tim- "he started, before he heard the door swing open.

His vision was hazy, he could only see the figured, blurred lines of a body-like smudge.

A voice smirked from the blurred door speaking words, threats Jason couldn't understand. His face held a torturous grin, enjoying seeing the suffering, and struggle to even hear. Jason groaned as he was kicked in the rib, a sickening crack sounded throughout the small, enclosed room.

"Let's start with you, shall we?" he breathily whispered into Jason's dishevelled hair, throwing his head down onto the cold red stained floor, adding to the bloody mess.

The man cackled, pulling out a gun. Jason's body twitched in fear that he normally wouldn't show.

The man twisted his crooked lips into a smirk, placing the gun on the ground, skidding towards Tim a bit.

The man stood firmly in his place, the small window in the ceiling reflecting his red lips curling into a smile. He raised his arms as if to show 'surrender', but his daring smile showed otherwise, betraying the movement.

Jason looked up, tiredly struggling to get to his knees, means while trying to figure out his kidnaper's mind games. His wounds felt as if they were being lit on fire, stretching and bleeding out.

The man ran at him, kicking his chest down to the ground. Jason bit his bruised lip, hiding a small moan.

He shakily got up to his legs, his shadow dancing across the walls. Even by his shadow, he knew he looked shit. Pathetic. Weak.

Jason looked over to his brother, his used to be replacement. The boy had earned the place of being his brother. He worked hard, earned the title of Robin, had been through so much (Joker Jr, especially. He still had nightmares though), his mother and father had died. He wasn't chosen, he forced his way in. But that didn't matter. He had earned everything, even though Damian had stolen it away.

batfam oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें