Pranks On Bruce (With Kindness)

"I have an idea" Tim spoke up out of the blue, gaining the interest of all bat family members in the room.

Jason raised a brow. Oh, this was going to be good (note: being sarcastic was one of Jason's specialties)

Tim looked shy at the number of eyes trained on him before he spoke again, "So ya know... Bruce is going to be home in half an hour, right?"

Dick simply nodded. Where was Timmy going with this?

Tim slyly smirked, a rare thing to place itself on Tim's face.

"He'll be walking through the back door, so we all run from different directions from the bottom of the stairs and yell 'DAD'!" Tim concluded.

Cass tilted her head in confusion, why would this affect Bruce.

"Why would we do that?" Dick spoke Cass's exact thoughts, but Jason and Tim were clearly thinking the same way.

"Because Bruce will be so shocked after, he'll drop all of the files he'll be holding and, he'll probably nearly lose his footing and most possibly fall down the stairs" Jason smirked proudly, as Tim beamed with a big smile.

Dick snorted, "I doubt that will happen Jay-Brid"

Jason crossed his arms, "I bet you $200"

Dick smirked, "You're on"

-BATKIDS-

Gotham had turned to night, and it was nearing 6 pm, when Bruce would be coming home. They had separated into groups. Dick and Cass, Jason and Tim, and Damian, who refused to be with a group.

"Are you in place?" Dick's f\voice came through the walky-talky, to which Jason sighed.

"Why do you have the need to include these things in every prank, and yes, we are" Jason mumbled.

"Because they're fun Jay!" Dick's excited voice boomed.

"If you say so" Jason mumbled to himself.

Tim rolled his eyes at their antics, even over walky-talky, they were insufferable.

They all then heard a creak from the back door. Yes! Operation Scare-Bruce was a go!

-BATKIDS-

Bruce sighed, going through the back door. He wondered where the kids were. He nearly had made his way to stairs when...

"DAD!" Dick, Jason, Tim, Cass and Damian yelled with excitement from the bottom of the stairs, whether it was fake or not, Bruce was too shocked to find out.

At their single word, he dropped his files onto the ground, and lost his footing. He nearly rolled down the stairs, his foot only slipping once. He could see that Jason had finished counting on his fingers, and smirking at Dick, who was too busy on the floor crying on laughter.

Tim was smiling the biggest ever freaking smile Bruce had ever seen, and he was wheezing, hunched down and putting his hands to his stomach, as if he was trying to breathe again. Cass got pulled down with Dick too, laughing a lot. Even Damian had cracked a small smile at his father's shocked form.

And for the next 5 hours straight, Bruce was in total shock, walking as if he were a zombie.

He really needed to get used to these sorts of things, even though the smiles and laughs from the kids he considered children were always worth it.

...But maybe except Dick's crying of laughter for the next couple of days... and maybe Jason reminding him of it at every family reunion.