-Chapter 13-

(I decided to post one last chapter before the hiatus break! I'll try to make this one a bit longer to make up for it; tysm for reading, enjoy!♡)

Masaru's POV:

I couldn't believe what Kotoko was saying... She was with them...? She wanted to get out of here...?

Well... thinking about it now, that would probably be a good idea. But Monaca... She would find out wouldn't she? She'd get mad... she'd hold this against us forever if she found out. If we're actually gonna do this, we need to think.

You can't just make a plan, Nagisa. Life isn't like that. I'm only a kid, but at least I understand that much. Also, I heard the bigger your wiener is, the smarter you are! I'm obviously the smartest, then!

Monaca has control over basically everything and everyone in this damn town... She could easily find us. We could die... I don't know how we're gonna do this...

If we do this.

Ugh! I hate thinking about things! It's so totally the worst! It's late anyways... Kotoko should get back to her room before Monaca finds out. I grab her hand and spin her around towards the door.

"Hey... you should go, it's late. We'll talk about this tomorrow okay? You... you never know when Monaca might be listening in..." I looked down.

Kotoko smirked a bit. "Aww~! Do you care about us Masaru? You're such a softie!" My head bolted back up, and I blushed intensely.

"H-Hey...! It isn't like that... I just... Yeah, I guess I do care about you guys... careful on your way back to your room Kotoko; there's a crack in the floor to your left, so make sure you don't fall and..." I was cut off by her almost fangilring at my words.

"Just get out..." She smiled even more.

"Alright then! I'll see you later Masaru... we're gonna protect each other, no matter what happens right?" She holds out her pinky.

In a kid's world, a pinky promise is something you can never go back on, so this was big. However, I knew I couldn't let any of my companions get hurt, so I hesitantly uncurled my pinky and we shook on it.

"Mhm. I'll do whatever I can to help you guys out." I said, smiling. She grabbed both of my hands tightly and frowned.

"Come with us Masaru! You'll be free... and we can finally do whatever we want!" She pleaded. I looked left and right before getting close to her face and whispering.

"I'm in."

"We dicuss this with the others tomorrow at 2 AM sharp." She smiled lightly and turned away, flipping her long pink locks while doing so.

I'm already hella nervous...

Nagisa's POV (been a while, huh?)

I was just heading back to go see Jataro. On my way, I saw something go around the corner. I was one of the braver ones in the group, so I called out to the mysterious figure I had just seen.

"Hey! Is someone there?" I quickly regretted that, remembering Monica was on this floor and she could hear me... unless...

I quickly followed the figure. It swooped around corners and dodged me at every turn. I was convinced it was probably Kotoko... she was the only one awake at this time.

Eventually I knew where they were heading, and they were running to a room that had a dead end.

Did I dare follow them? What if it was some trick? What if I got hurt or something? Nah... if something serious is going on...

I need to find out.

After a bit more chasing around corridors and heavy breathing, I finally cornered them. I saw them hiding behind a bookshelf and I awkwardly hovered on the other side.

"H-Hey... who's there? I can see you..." the figure stiffened. They realized they were caught...

And once I saw who it was... I was shocked...

"Jataro...?"

||EHEHEHEHEH CLIFFHANGER >:) well I'm officially taking my break now. Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter, and I'll try to update as soon as I can after my break. Toodles!
~Moth♡||

Chapter Art by: DespairSaucee

________________
Word Count: 698
_________________