-Chapter 17-

This is gonna be an emotional roller coaster for u guys I can smell it

Jataro's POV:

We all went white. No... no... no! No, no, no, no, no, no!

There's a bomb in that building?! No way, no way... Nagisa... Nagisa is in there!

"WAIT WAIT! WE HAVE TO GO BACK! PLEASE!" I screamed. I began shuffling in Nagito's arms and I tried to jump away but he had a firm grip on my back.

"Sorry kid, there's no way you'd get out alive if you went in there to go help your friend. I'm really sorry..." he frowned and tightened his grip on Kotoko's hand.

Masaru jumped from Nagito's shoulders and started running for the building without saying a word. Kotoko gasped and help him back.

"Masaru, you can't!! You can't go back, you'll die!" Masaru looked back at us with a raging look, tears pouring down his cheeks as he clenched his teeth tightly.

"I CAN'T JUST LEAVE NAGISA IN THERE! HE'S... HE'S MY BEST FRIEND! I'M GONNA GET HIM! HE'S IN THERE... HE NEEDS ME!" Masaru tried running off again but Nagito grabbed his arm and dragged him back.

Of course, Masaru began kicking and screaming. He shook his head back and forth trying to wiggle free, but his pleads were useless.

"NO! NO! NO! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...! YOU CAN'T DO THIS, I'M NOT LEAVING HIM! JATARO, DO SOMETHING, HE'S YOUR BOYFRIEND! I'M NOT LEAVING NAGISA IN THERE!" I turned towards the building.

I could feel Nagito's eyes staring at me from behind, as if he thought i was going to run in there and try to save Nagisa...

Obviously, there was nothing I could do... I... I'm powerless...

I skipped from reality and let my heavy body crash to the ground. I was unable to pick myself up and keep going... where was there to go if Nagisa wouldn't be there...

This shouldn't have happened...

"WHY HIM, HUH!?" I screamed st the top of my lungs. Kotoko, Masaru, and Nagito stared at me, shocked.

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO NAGISA! HE DIDN'T DO SHIT TO YOU! IF ONLY MONACA DIDN'T EXIST THIS WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED!" I started slamming my fists against the ground.

Eventually I guess I just had to let it all out.

"AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH....!" And I just kept screaming until my lungs couldn't make anymore noise.

I felt so terrible... there was nothing I could do to save Nagisa. I never really got to tell him how much I loved him...

Nagisa always tried his hardest to care for me... he'd give me his things, cheer me up when I was sad, hug me through the night to make sure I was okay... but I never did anything... i'M sorry Nagisa...

"I love you..." was the last thing I could whisper under my breath before the building blew up.

In an instant, things were scattered everywhere. Things from our rooms, chairs, tables, parts of walls... it was awful.

Nagito grabbed all of us close and hid us under his weight so we wouldn't get hit by the debris. I just grabbed his shirt and started bawling my eyes out... it was the only thing I was in the state of mind to do.

There was a sharp pain that went through my head as I envisioned Nagisa exploding along with the building... He sacrificed himself for all of us to escape...

I'll never forget him.

After a while, the noise stopped and nothing else was blowing up. The air was still and we were all silent. Masaru and I looked each other and frowned. Masaru furrowed his eyebrows, pushing past Nagito and running into the debris.

Kotoko yelped as he pushed her aside as well. "H-Hey, Masaru! Be careful! There could be dangerous stuff in the debris!" Masaru didn't care what Kotoko thought, he just kept running out and looking.

He searched under several plates of drywall, glass, everything laying around... looking for Nagisa.

I tried to hold back my tears because I knew he didn't survive the explosion. I just held my head high because if he were here, he'd want me to see that this building was destroyed, therefore, our plan had worked...

I just wish he had gotten to see it.

After looking down for so long my neck started to hurt and the world was starting to fade. I heard a ton of rustling coming from where Masaru was and I could also hear him breathing heavily.

Kotoko was silent but I could hear her running to him and gasping for air.

Nagito placed his hand on my shoulder which caused me to look up.

And the first thing I saw was...

Nagisa...

In one piece...!

I wasn't sure if he was dead or not, but he was there... and I wasn't gonna let myself automatically believe he was dead. He has to be alive... Nagisa is strong! He's so strong!

I couldn't hold myself back, I ran towards him and cupped his face in my hands. Checking his face, I brushed my thumb over his cheek. I couldn't see his eyes, but I remembered the beautiful shade of blue that they were... like an ocean.

Suddenly, he flinched violently and opened his eyes. He was weak and could barely move. I knew he was hurt but... I need to hold him...

I hugged him tightly, being careful of his wounds. He gasped in pain but after a little, he chucked lightly.

"OH NAGISA! NAGISA..." I screamed into his neck as I held him tight. He wasn't able to move his body, so he just used words.

"Hey Jataro... we're out of there now... let's make history." He then passed out from exhaustion

I'm relieved...

||yay! Nagisa's okay! Will be updating soon!
                          ~Author||

_________________
Word Count: 966
_________________

Chapter Art by: DespairSaucee