-Chapter 3-

Nagisa's POV:

"Hi Nagisa." There, infront of me stood Jataro, smiling lightly.

"H-Hi Jataro...! What do you want to talk about? We can talk about whatever you want!" I smiled, sweating nervously.

This boy...

Jataro looks around, checking our surroundings before turning back to me.

"I have a secret." Jataro says, fiddling with his fingers.

My eyes widen as my mouth forms a small 'o' shape. I regain my proper posture, clearing my throat.

"What's the secret...? " I ask.

Jataro frowns, looking guilty before looking to the side.

"I lied about my face... it won't actually kill you. However, I'm... still very ugly... so... uh... I suppose I just wanted to get that out." Jataro's eyes began to water.

I gasped, grabbing his hands.

"Jataro? Are you okay?! Please don't cry! I understand! Don't feel bad-"

"Why don't you hate me?"

My eyes widen. I could tell him the truth, but... Monaca says being gay is wrong and gross.

B-But what does she know...?!

Even then, I don't know if I'm ready to tell Jataro how I feel about him...

"I... I don't hate you because... because..."

I was at a loss for words...

Jataro smiled softly, looking at me while still clutching my hands.

"Hah... I suppose it was a bit dumb to think someone actually cared, huh? Please don't feel bad Nagisa. I think you're really nice." Jataro giggled, blushing.

I had a sudden urge to kiss him, but... not yet.

"No, Jataro. You're amazing. You're super creative, and smart, and cute, and nice, and... and... I'm rambling aren't I? I could go on forever, okay?!"

Jataro looked confused. He tilted his head to the side, bringing my hand up to his cheek. Out of instinct, I began to caress his cheek with my thumb. I think he liked it, because he smiled a bit.

"Do you... actually like me, Nagisa?"

Those words echoed in my head.

No, Jataro I love you. I love you with all my heart, and I wish I could tell you but I'm just not ready...

"Yes Jataro. I... I really like you. I told you, I'm not like the others."

Jataro smiled, no grinned. Yeah... I like 'grinned'...

Suddenly, he jumped up, gasping.

"Ah! We should gooooo... Monaca's gonna be so maaaaad! C'mon Nagisa!" He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the building as I blushed.

This boy...

||Chapter 3 is finally here! Sorry for the wait, I have school and stuff so things might be a bit delayed. I'll try to release the next chapter today to make up for it!
                      ~Author||

Chapter Art by: VannakuroDraws

_________________
Word Count: 398
_________________