-Chapter 6-

(Sorry for the wait, I have school until 5 so afterwards I'm really tired and have no motivation. Thanks for so many reads! Here's the chapter!)

Nagisa's POV:

I tried waking up, but my eyes wouldn't let me, so I just laid there for a few more minutes, breathing in the scent of...

Jataro...

Jataro?

I opened my eyes completely, adjusting to the room I was in, realising Jataro...

Wasn't there.

Jataro wasn't exactly friends with the rest of the group, no one really liked him. I've seen him talk to Kotoko a couple times, but that's it.

While getting to my feet, I see a glint of yellow in the corner of my eye. I turn to look at it only to see a small sticky note, covered in glitter and stickers...

'Dearest Nagisa,

I feel really bad about Monaca, so k wanna make sure she's okay. I hope it's fine that I left you by yourself for a little bit! I won't be gone long, I just want to apologize and get my mask back. Thanks for understanding!

                                         Love,
                                         Jataro <3'

Cute...

I really hope he's okay... Who am I kidding? I can't trust Monaca with Jataro! He's mine, and only mine!

I love Jataro, but he's super gullible... I don't want him falling into one of Monaca's traps. I know I have to go find him.

I get off the bed completely, stretching my arms in the process. While rubbing my eyes, I walk out of the room, humming a familiar tune.

From the main hall, I could hear the pitter patter of rain hitting the roof.

Along with... crying?

Rushing into the room, I stopped.

I was expecting Jataro to be there, on the floor bawling. I was ready to comfort him. I was ready to tell at Monaca once again.

But...

Instead...

With Jataro next to her rubbing her back, Kotoko stood by the wall, barely able to keep her composure

"I-I don't... I don't want gentle... NO MORE GENTLE...!" She began sobbing once again.

"Kotoko, it's okay! Please don't cryyyyyy-! Don't listen to her! I'm sure she didn't mean to say gentle! Maybe she wanted to word it differently?" stated Jataro, still rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

She slowly looked up at him "G... Gen...tle...?" Jataro's face went pale.

"NO, NOOOOO-! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! I'M SORRYYYYYYY!" Jataro began to slightly sob as well.

In the corner of my eye was an aura of despair. I turned to see Monaca, sitting in her wheelchair that she didnt even need.

I should give her a piece of my mind! But... Jataro... I... UGH...!

I ended up walking to Jataro. He means more to me an I can't bare to see him cry. Kotoko as well, I suppose.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, placing my hand on Jataro's shoulder.

He looks up at me, still upset. Without warning, he jumps into my arms, embracing my scent. I hug him back as he sobs into my chest .

"N-Nagisa-! Monaca was making fun of Kotoko and mimicking her past! It wasn't me I swear! I didn't mean to say gentle...! AH JESUS, I SAID IT AGAIN! I'M SO SORRY KOTOKO!" Jataro had tears running down his cheeks.

I caressed his hair slowly, pushing him away so I could look at him.

"Hey, it's... not your fault. It was just an accident, alright? Kotoko's not mad at you, right Kotoko?" Kotoko eyes us, shaking her head.

"It's not your fault Jataro! It's just..." Kotoko looks to the side, probably eyeing Monaca.

"It's just... she said... the word, and.... well... you know..." Kotoko struggled trying get the right words out.

There was only one other "she" here... and that was Monaca.

I looked behind me, only to see her much closer to all of us...

With that stupid fucking smile...

I got up without thinking.

"Monaca... I... I still have matters to settle with you, so... Don't think you're out of this quite yet!" I yelled, protecting Jataro and Kotoko.

Monaca just smiled even more.

"What're you gonna do? Hit me? Try it, gay boy." That was it.

Jataro began tearing up.

Kotoko started screaming.

Masaru had just walked in.

My mind was going

-H A Y W I R E-

I didn't even know who to look at.

What do I do in a situation like this...

What would he do...

||Alright! The chapter's out! Again, sorry for the wait! It's been a bit stressful lately, so I'm trying my best!
                                      ~Author||

Chapter Art 1 by: lamesadduckling
Chapter Art 2 by: I'm Sober

_________________
Word Count: 774
_________________